Dirt Road Shark Tooth Hunting in Florida - Summer of 2018

Cris

Hello TFF members! I just put together a compilation video of finding shark teeth on roads here in Florida over this past summer. If you've been watching my other vids, you may have seen some of this already.

Many miles were walked, much sweat was shed and lots of teeth were found. We got large megalodon teeth, a killer Parotodus (maybe the best shark tooth I have ever found), great whites and makos and a bunch of other cool stuff. Check it out if you get time and like watching fossil hunting vids:

Here's some pics if you don't want to watch a vid:

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-14h15m44s053.png
Great white shark tooth in matrix

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-14h16m22s436.png
Juvenile megalodon.

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-14h16m51s309.png
Megalodon tooth spotted from a moving vehicle on the road.

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-14h17m39s997.png
Killer little great white...had to do a coin toss for this one since we spotted it at the exact same time.

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-14h18m47s496.png
And my baby, a killer Parotodus that I also spotted from a moving vehicle. :D

• I found this Informative 3
  • Enjoyed 1

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Cris, thanks for finding my teeth, I was walking down that road after collecting and when I got back to the car I discovered a home in my bag and most of the teeth fell out. Unfortunately my wife was making meatloaf loaf, yum, and I did not have time to walk back down the road to collect my spoils. Glad the found a good home. On a lucky note for me, the hole in my bag was not big enough to let the 6” and 7” teeth to fall out. I do need a new bag though.

• I found this Informative 2
  • Enjoyed 1

4 hours ago, Heteromorph said:

Great finds! Amazing what can be found on roads in Florida. Did the hurricane affect you?

Very little...Just some minor winds, fortunately.

4 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Cris, thanks for finding my teeth, I was walking down that road after collecting and when I got back to the car I discovered a home in my bag and most of the teeth fell out. Unfortunately my wife was making meatloaf loaf, yum, and I did not have time to walk back down the road to collect my spoils. Glad the found a good home. On a lucky note for me, the hole in my bag was not big enough to let the 6” and 7” teeth to fall out. I do need a new bag though.

I'd just keep that bag and use it from now on if I were you....You only want those big ones anyways :D

4 hours ago, Raggedy Man said:

That Parotodus is killer Cris! I was geeking out with you when I saw it!

Thanks! Yeah, it's going to be hard to top that tooth for a while here in FL.

• I found this Informative 1

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Great video. I actually subscribed last week before I even knew about this forum. hope I can find some stuff like that out here (cali) but I doubt it lol

7 hours ago, ynot said:

Hey Cris,

If You keep showing so much good stuff - everyone is going to flock to Florida (and it will sink under the weight).

I actually brought it up with the wife the other day lol. She's still a bit hesitant about it. Might do a Utah dig next year though so we have some reservations at the moment