First trip to meg ledge north carolina

Slaugbr1

Amazing finds! I can say when I first read this I thought, that would be fun to do someday. Then after reading the comments and stories I will gladly stick to land haha

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, Captcrunch227 said:

Amazing finds! I can say when I first read this I thought, that would be fun to do someday. Then after reading the comments and stories I will gladly stick to land haha

Hahah so story is we were going down for vacation. I was looking for places to dive wrecks and such as north carolina is known for them. I read about the meg teeth my thoughts were i love scuba i love fossils i can bring my two main hobbys together booked them. 

Then the harder i looked into it and the more we talked to our divers from the shop I started to realize that it was going to be diffrent then the dives we normally do. 

Kinda jumped in without researching completely. I dont consider it life or death diving its not as bad as it sounds i was describing the worst that can happen. The best way i can put why we arent going back is. I dive to relax to enjoy the dive feel weightless i really just enjoy every minute iam in the water. This dive had me unnerved underwater i wasnt in panic but i couldent enjoy the dives i was so focused on making sure we were safe it was a big stress day instead of a relaxing day i enjoy the end result with the teeth immensely however thats the first day i was glad to be out and the diving be over with. Which is the main reason i wouldent pay to go do it again.

• I found this Informative 1

When I worked at a dive shop in Palm Beach, there was a pool as to "how many divers would die this year" during the recreational lobster hunting season 

( frenzy!).

Idiots were staying down way too long running out of air or going down with old/ unmaintained equipment which would fail.  And this was in shallower waters!  At least 6-10 each year met their fate going after that delicious spiny little bug.

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG