Monica

Just now, Malcolmt said:

Kane, did I accidentally put those brachs in your bucket........

I thought you misplaced them, so I put them in yours. :P 

I still have four trips' worth from our site to get through. :faint:Sorry I can't come out and play later this week before Bowmanville. :( 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Monica, you did not take any pictures of yourself!!!!!. Great brownies by the way. We stayed till about 6:00 when it was starting to get dark and the temperature was plummeting. Border crossing going home took all of 30 seconds...

It seems that this past weekend was a great time for TFF members meeting up. I am very glad so many people had a good time together.:) Sometimes the moon and the stars line up just right......

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

6 hours ago, Kane said:

By the end, we managed to fill two 5 gallon buckets to the brim with full trilos

:trilosurprise::trilosurprise::trilosurprise:

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

@Monica I can speak from experience when I say that nothing, and I mean NOTHING can beat your brownies...well, maybe a full prone Greenops, but you can't eat that :P Nice to see all you guys and gals at work and having fun at the same time. Great finds too! Didn't anyone take a photo of Monica?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I had a phone with me, but it stayed in the car!!

My loot for the day was mostly smalls, and mostly brachiopods. I did collect two gallon-sized bags of micro-matrix from the top of the quarry, some of which was washed on site. Carl found some pieces that I haven't looked at yet!

My prize for the day is a nearly-complete large brachiopod that I think is Spinocyrtia, extracted from the creekbed at the bottom of the site. I need to clean it up, remove some matrix, and glue a couple of pieces back on, but it's the most complete specimen of that genus I've found yet. And it appears to have something growing on it that I need a closer look at.

A good time with good company!

5 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

Monica, you did not take any pictures of yourself!!!!!. Great brownies by the way. We stayed till about 6:00 when it was starting to get dark and the temperature was plummeting. Border crossing going home took all of 30 seconds...

I'm not into selfies so, no, I didn't take any pictures of myself.  Ken did manage to take a couple of pictures of me with my head down, so I guess that's not too helpful.  He did catch me in one picture, though - the one with Viola and I washing a slab of rock - so there is photographic evidence that I was there! :P

Malcolm - that Greenops is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!   Wow!!!!!!!!!!

(And I'm glad you and the others enjoyed the brownies :))

56 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

@Monica I can speak from experience when I say that nothing, and I mean NOTHING can beat your brownies...well, maybe a full prone Greenops, but you can't eat that :P Nice to see all you guys and gals at work and having fun at the same time. Great finds too! Didn't anyone take a photo of Monica?

The brownies were enjoyed by most (I think Kane was the only one who declined - he's into healthy eating or something crazy like that :P).  If anyone wants the recipe, then I'd be happy to share it!

Re: a photo of me - Ken managed to get me in a couple of pictures... :ninja::)

Thank goodness for Ken! My hands were too full to snap pics, and the whole tunnel vision of finding fossils. :D Even Deb, usually a shutterbug, was too preoccupied with the dig to whip out the Canon. Or maybe she was too busy scarfing down Monica's brownies. :P 

I'm a bit envious, but hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with y'all next summer.  It looks as though you all had a productive get-together.  Hopefully Bowmanville will continue the trend.

Don

40 minutes ago, Malcolmt said:

Nope left my phone in the car that day, so no Penn pics

What, leaf blower in one hand and saw in the other so no hand available for the phone?  That's no excuse!

Don

It was so nice to get out and see everyone. I hate not being able to swing a hammer yet but I plan on banging rock by Spring.  I really wanted to stay.  @Kane  Would have loved to spend a few talking but stuff happens maybe next time. @Monica  Its always a pleasure meeting up with you and miss V the brownies were a bonus!!

Hi,

Very nice report and fossils. What are frelobites ? :headscratch:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Looks like quite the party. Thank you for sharing it. Malcolm's prone Greenops is totally awesome! Congrats.

Yep, Nice report Monica! Good to see you all at it together and having fun finding great stuff. Congrats!  

Regards, Chris 

I think the best community trips are like this one, with everyone sitting and digging a hole at his/her own pace, with plenty of "sweet spot" for all.  Surface hunting trip dynamics can be quite different, as surface hunting prospects can "tap out" quickly.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

It was a fun get together with a number of TFF members. I'm glad our visit could be the excuse to allow these great members to spend a day doing what they love best.

Cheers.

-Ken

• 2 weeks later...

@Malcolmt congratulations on your excellent fortune. That's your first full Greenops right? I remember you saying that you had prepared a few but never recovered one for yourself. I bet that feels good. It's a gorgeous trilobite. You should submit it to Phil for the PD gallery.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

I found a few complete this summer, the area we were excavating was richer in greenops and bela's than previous seasons. I have still never found a complete greenops at Arkona . quite a few 90-95% but never complete

2 minutes ago, Malcolmt said:

I found a few complete this summer, the area we were excavating was richer in greenops and bela's than previous seasons. I have still never found a complete greenops at Arkona . quite a few 90-95% but never complete

I'm going Sunday to our remote spot if you want to try your luck again.

The Greenops at that remote spot should be easy to find now that I've cleared away all of those pesky brachiopods that were littering the place. :)

Cheers.

-Ken