daves64

11 hours ago, daves64 said:

Pretty much. lol Oh! :doh!: That's what I found... A PRE Yoda! :hearty-laugh:

Don’t worry I found ET 

4F4EA5D4-627A-47CB-8783-2EEB1B1AD11D.jpeg

A hydrogen peroxide spa?    I'm always searching for "quickie" tips that might help (even just a bit)  remove the matrix or hardened sandstone of my ever expanding piles of concretions, bones, fossils, rocks or minerals and who know what that is????!

I think they need a much needed spa day; can you please tell me how to go about this?

Thanks!

Roberta

15 hours ago, Missourian said:

I'm reminded of when a classmate blurted out "Pharkidonotus" while we were cramming for a paleo lab exam. True story. :)

Bahahahahahaha!:rofl:

3 hours ago, Roberta NJ CA said:

A hydrogen peroxide spa?    I'm always searching for "quickie" tips that might help (even just a bit)  remove the matrix or hardened sandstone of my ever expanding piles of concretions, bones, fossils, rocks or minerals and who know what that is????!

I think they need a much needed spa day; can you please tell me how to go about this?

Thanks!

Roberta

I just soaked it in hydrogen peroxide. It's more a hit or miss thing really. Really good for cleaning dirt out of the little nooks & crannies in rocks, but it can loosen some matrix types. Just enough to cover it is all I use. Whether it would work on hardened sandstone or other concretions, I don't know.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

5 minutes ago, Roberta NJ CA said:

Thanks for the tip Dave, gonna buy a case of it today!

Sounds like you're trying to clean up your neighborhood. :blink:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

:doh!: I'm overwhelmed - can't wait to put some in for a long soak so I don't have to seem them for awhile...!   Nobody knows the feeling of a stubbed toe on a big piece solid concretion until it happens!