Glen Rose in the cold and wet

Rayminazzi

Wow that's awesome. I have a friend with property on a creek there. I plan to do some arrowhead & fossil hunting soon. :)

Hey Ray, that last thing is pretty cool.  I may be going off in the wrong direction, but I'd compare it with marine turtle shell fragments too.  I just can't make out the histology well enough from the photos.  Turtle material is present in the Glen Rose, as I've found some small pieces over the years.  

• I found this Informative 3

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

So I just noticed this on is translucent on the inside, is this new or something I never new, difficult to get on camera.

IMG_20181016_202734.jpg

IMG_20181016_202844.jpg

IMG_20181016_202857.jpg

IMG_20181016_203017.jpg

Great finds! I really like those first echiniods the best. The pattern on them is very interesting. 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

14 minutes ago, Rayminazzi said:

So I just noticed this on is translucent on the inside, is this new or something I never new, difficult to get on camera.

It's calcite replacement of the echinoid.  Always a nice find.  

;) 

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

32 minutes ago, Twinlukers said:

Great weather and even greater finds.. nice job.

My hands dropping everything I pick up after an hour in the great weather might disagree haha.

Beautiful echinoids, especially the Leptosalenia texana :wub:

Congratulations on a great hunt!

Those algal balls are interesting... I wonder how closely they are related to Paleozoic Receptaculitids!

I've seen plenty of Texas echinoids but never those before. Always something new to see on the Forum.

22 hours ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Hey Ray, that last thing is pretty cool.  I may be going off in the wrong direction, but I'd compare it with marine turtle shell fragments too.  I just can't make out the histology well enough from the photos.  Turtle material is present in the Glen Rose, as I've found some small pieces over the years.  

I agree, very good chance this is turtle bone. Although rare, other vertebrate material has been found in the Glen Rose Formation.

Nice fossils!

Congrats on the finds! You're braver than me, I decided to stay warm and dry these last few days. Beautiful ecchinoids, very jealous of the lepto's!