Need Help, real or fake fossils?

Mesozoic Mike

Hello everyone I am a fossil collector but I have never bought fossils from online before now, so I am very skeptical of every fossil I see online. If you can help me to confirm the fossils in the pictures below are authentic (and are what they say they are) I would be very thankful.

Thank you!

Acheroraptor temertyorum (tooth)

Archeoraptor.jpg.9e4302ca103fa1a6e57bb6b8cf5e8645.jpg

Pachycephalosaurus (tooth)

Pachy.jpg.c0edc89d1cde57cad8c6d509b569b485.jpg

Ankylosaurus (scute) :ank:

5bc694f4899db_Ankscute.jpg.99b801cbf29dad177628111e4156b899.jpg

Thescolosaurus (tooth)

Thesc.jpg.fdcf5329e04ca04079e988569b747eff.jpg

Wow, those are some beautiful teeth! :drool:

ID wise on those I am rubbish, but I am sure someone more in the know will come along soon.

They all look real to me. @Troodon is the expert on Dino material. He should know the answers. They are what they say they are. However, I don't know if the ankylosaur scute is from an ankylosaur.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

1) Yes, it's Acheroraptor

2) I don't have one of this so I can't confirm anything

3) Yes it's a scute. Might also be Nodosaurid instead of Ankylosaurus.

4) I don't have one of this so I can't confirm anything

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Hello! Welcome to TFF, and receive all the hugs here from Argentina!

It is in these moments that I really miss our dear friend Troodon, which must be currently digging out there somewhere ... I am only a sorcerer's apprentice, and just recently I learned talking: "Avada Que Vasta Cabra"!

01 - It is not an elongated tooth, so we can drastically reduce some possibilities here, and this is very good. I do need to see the serrations on the outside edge, but your tooth has the classic shape of the Acheroraptor, so based only on this photo, I'm inclined to this possibility, taking into account that apparently the ones on the anterior carinae are much smaller than those on the posterior side. In addition, I see the apicobasal ridges on the crown which are diagnostic to the Acheroraptor.

02 - I admit there is a lot of confusion among sellers who usually sell a Thescelosaur tooth as if it were a Pachycephalosaurid tooth, and vice versa, but fortunately it seems that this is not the case here. Based on the central crest of the tooth, I can definitely state that it really is a Pachycephalosaurid.

image.png.f2de7aab5516af48134895bfa43b71de.png

03 - The bone texture is clearly visible, but unfortunately the state of conservation is not the best...

It appears to be a ankylosaurid scute but with only a single photo I cannot confirm it.

Remember that the upper side may be flat but presenting a certain slope, while the underside is somewhat concave. See also if the edges are rounded.

image.png.9a8ca9059abfb65f5ae958fc5041549e.png

04 - Tooth with bulbous shape, presenting a slight curvature in the crown, and this, leaves no doubt that it is definitely a Premaxillary tooth of Thescelosaurus.

But yes, they are all real and represent very pleasant acquisitions. :dinothumb:

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

4 hours ago, Mesozoic Mike said:

Wow! Thank you so much Seguidora, you are so informative!

You are welcome whenever my friend Mesozoic Mike. We live in a difficult time, with many disinformation, tampering and counterfeiting. Then the path is always the same, post your doubts before purchasing. Huge hug!

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

1.  If the “Acheroraptor” tooth is from Hell Creek, it is absolutely an Acheroraptor

2.  That’s a Pachy tooth

3.  I have no idea

4.  Definitely Thesc

Some nice teeth

Archived