Wrangellian's Mazon fossils and question

Wrangellian

6 hours ago, ricardo said:

Be a collector is something more than have a few specimens, but one of these days I will start :) 

Thanks for show those great Mazon specimens!

I can see quite a few fossils on your bookshelves (and in the glass display cases?).. You've made a pretty good start and I would call that a collection, though your mineral collection is much more extensive and more well organized.

I'd like to consolidate all my minerals into a separate unit. As it is, one or two drawers in each unit has minerals, the rest are fossils. But it might be troublesome to move everything around!

Nice assortment of essexella, worms, and flora specimens. I see a nice Tully in there too.  Sweet collection, Eric.  

Finding my way through life; one fossil at a time.

15 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

I can see quite a few fossils on your bookshelves (and in the glass display cases?).. You've made a pretty good start and I would call that a collection, though your mineral collection is much more extensive and more well organized.

I'd like to consolidate all my minerals into a separate unit. As it is, one or two drawers in each unit has minerals, the rest are fossils. But it might be troublesome to move everything around!

Yes, I have more specimens in glass display.

Well, the Pliocene is a collection. It is in plastic boxes and then inside plastic containers. We can call it a research collection. More than 2000 specimens from field work sampling. Later I will give it to a University or Palaeontology Department. 

18 hours ago, ynot said:

If You have 1 - it is a sample.

If You have 2 - it is a set.

If You have 3 or more- it is a collection, and You are a collector.

:muahaha::muahaha:

:fistbump:  

18 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Amazing displays, chaps! :)

13 hours ago, Rob Russell said:

Nice assortment of essexella, worms, and flora specimens. I see a nice Tully in there too.  Sweet collection, Eric.  

Thanks Bob. It's surprising how quickly it accumulated despite shelling out for it... Maybe I got while the getting was good.