Thoughts on this Allosaurus claw

Jaimin013

Hi there,

Let me know your thoughts on this allosaurus claw? I think it has a small bit of resto to it, thanks!

Morrison Formation, Bone Cabin Quarry, Wyoming

AlloToothResto.jpg

Jurassic-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-Claw-2.jpg

Jurassic-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-Claw-2a.jpg

Jurassic-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-Claw-2b.jpg

Jurassic-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-Claw-2c.jpg

Jurassic-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-Claw-2d.jpg

Jurassic-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-Claw-2e.jpg

Jurassic-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-Claw-2f.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

What restoration do you suspect? I see possible to the dorsal part of it perhaps but I really don't see any other part you could be indicating too overall slightly worm tow claw but given its from the Morrison formation a beautiful specimen. 

• I found this Informative 2

The part circled in the pics below. I don't think it's just the flash on the device that took the photo as it's always in the same position. Not sure if something has been applied to this section. I may be wrong...

AlloToothRestonew.jpg

Jurassic-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-Claw-2c-new.jpg

It's quite rare to get fossils from morrison formation without a significant amount of crack fill. This one looks like it did not require any repair though.

• I found this Informative 1

8 hours ago, Flx said:

It's quite rare to get fossils from morrison formation without a significant amount of crack fill. This one looks like it did not require any repair though.

Thanks unfortunately it carries a high price tag at 3k dollars so I won't be buying this. I negotiated the price down from the original listed at 3.5k but it's still too high. According to the seller the price has been cut from the original $5,500 price to 3.5k however i have a feeling that it was never listed at 5.5k originally but is just a way to get it to sell "as it's been discounted alot" -.- 

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just saw another one online for sale. Again its digit #2 foot claw (3 3/8" along curve) rather than the first which is 3.5" and this claw is around the same price range but slightly more. I like the side with the blood grooves but the other side isn't as good when compared to the first claw but let me know what you all think!

Formation:  Morrison Formation

Thanks!
Jai

SSS985-100.jpg

SSS985-300.jpg

SSS985-400.jpg