Yet another mosasaur help thread

Captcrunch227

I picked this up before even knowing that people could or would fake mosasaur jaws. I've done the best I could could but this rookie could still use the help. This mosasaur piece is from Morocco and that's all I've got. Thanks everyone

IMG_9867.JPG

IMG_9868.JPG

IMG_9869.JPG

The tooth crown is real, and the jaw piece is real if a bit worn.

But these photos are not good enough to make a good judgement on whether the crown and jaw belong together. Some parts around the join between the crown and root look a little suspicious, while other areas look fine. Since you say you have the fossil, perhaps you could make some closeup photos of the in between bit where the crown meets the root in better lighting.

From these photos it's just not clear enough.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

1 hour ago, LordTrilobite said:

The tooth crown is real, and the jaw piece is real if a bit worn.

But these photos are not good enough to make a good judgement on whether the crown and jaw belong together. Some parts around the join between the crown and root look a little suspicious, while other areas look fine. Since you say you have the fossil, perhaps you could make some closeup photos of the in between bit where the crown meets the root in better lighting.

From these photos it's just not clear enough.

Hopefully these help. 

IMG_9873.JPG

IMG_9880.JPG

Not sure, it's still not entirely clear. It could still go either way of it being real or composite.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite