Mtskinner

I was invited back this past Tuesday to hunt the same private property as I did a few weeks ago and wound up having another awesome afternoon. Also found another hybodus spine which absolutely made my day. It’s definitely not as nice as the first one but it’s still pretty sweet. 

7F582532-BCEA-4DE8-BD3B-8FC87571E4FD.jpeg

8E0598E4-1E68-4B38-96A4-A660A26498C2.jpeg

That spine, although tiny, is indeed a day-maker. Great haul!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Great finds! Love that shark spine and the amount of nice teeth is incredible. What are the teeth in the 3rd pic? I know some of the items are fish scales.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Super sweet finds! Wow! :envy:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

nice finds!

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

13 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Great finds! Love that shark spine and the amount of nice teeth is incredible. What are the teeth in the 3rd pic? I know some of the items are fish scales.

Xiphactinus and a core from a turtle claw 

Thanks everyone...I've definitely been on a lucky streak the last few trips as our days aren't normally this good!

Archived