Rayminazzi

1 hour ago, Heteromorph said:

Nice finds! Never knew about shark teeth being half dissolved at the base of the Pecan Gap formation.

I haven't chased down this contact in many spots along the Balcones Fault zone...but I'm curious how the teeth are preserved in other places where this same zone is exposed.

• I found this Informative 1

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

On 10/26/2018 at 6:34 AM, Rayminazzi said:

I was trying to remove another fossilized from the Austin chalk by drilling holes all around and chiseling between

Now it makes sense.  for the life of me I couldn't figure that one out.

RB

On 10/26/2018 at 8:42 AM, Rayminazzi said:

So I've been confused about this for a while now, exogyra and ilymatogyra seem to be different names for the same thing or maybe there's a difference I can't find?

Main difference is ratio of full whorl to elongation of spire.  The whorls of I never touch ea other, but adjacent whorls of E seem to always touch.  Also, I seems to have more degrees of whorl rotation than E (makes more turns) Finally, size.  I is always small, while E ranges from small to 10 inches wide, upper limit varying by species.

• I found this Informative 3

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

30 minutes ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Main difference is ratio of full whorl to elongation of spire.  The whorls of I never touch ea other, but adjacent whorls of E seem to always touch.  Also, I seems to have more degrees of whorl rotation than E (makes more turns) Finally, size.  I is always small, while E ranges from small to 10 inches wide, upper limit varying by species.

Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for

• I found this Informative 1