Stepping it up a little - a new beginner prep area

6ix

Thanks @Randyw - trust me you guys make me jealous with your trilos that only take an expert an hour to prep!

11 hours ago, 6ix said:

Here's the pile with the kids finds as well.

Thats a nice lookin little pile!

RB

@6ix well done. You have some gorgeous concretions there. Heading out to NZ has been on my bucket list for years. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Thanks guys - theres a couple of just carapace ones - I plan on using them for ventral preps to get my skill there up a bit...

AND - I have finally gotten the nib off the CP710!!  I'll put a new one on it and have a talk to an engineer relative & see if he can make me a custom one out of a tungsten drill bit.

• 1 month later...

Dunno if anyone recognises this feller -  crab, flabellum and shark tooth!

I have a few that I just havent finished - so I I thought its time I had a go at "tidying up" some.  Just using the diamond ball on a rotary tool.

5d2aa4d32f291_20190714_153206(Large).thumb.jpg.de3cbff1b066c5db1def532d2ae352ef.jpg5d2aa4d080f60_20190714_153152(Large).thumb.jpg.040127f338cd8ee11f5edf7119a07f9e.jpg

• 11 months later...

I do apologize guys - I lost this thread and forgot I was updating my finds here :(  I think my only other one was my "Sanity Crab" and that stalled along with my sanity.

I found my CP710 nib was too blunt and literally hammering everything to pieces (in a small way).

Anyway, even wifey talked me into getting a CP 9130 clone...

I have only spent 10 minutes behind it, but yep.  Its a step up.  And once I get some proper stylii for it - LOOKOUT CRABS!!  The original needle nib on this new one is at least 4x as accurate as my 710 at its best.  I dont know If the jack end will be good for much other than the really soft ones..  
I also feel the difference in wielding the tool, its actually more difficult as its heavier and the hose is heavier, but I will overcome that easily.  Its also a lot louder but seems to use quite a bit less air.

Anyway, look forward to more from me - I got quiet when I went through the last 710 nib in existance - I even contacted an engineer to see if he could make one but narp...

5eec7fbbd7e8c_betterengraver.thumb.jpg.9a63e057f32ada746cbd7f93981d0d9e.jpg

• I found this Informative 4