Trevor

Dear fellow forum goers,

I am on fall break from college in Ohio and I decided that I needed to do some fossil hunting. In about a week's time I managed to get out four times. The first trip was to a KT Boundary site. For those who do not know what that is, it is a transitional period between the Cretaceous and Paleogene. There were very few fossils at the site and the collecting conditions were less than optimal but it was nonetheless fun exploring. Next I went to an Eocene/Miocene site and struggled to get any real traction with the finds. I came out okay considering that I didn't stay too long. The last two hunts were both at Cretaceous sites and this is where I found most of my finds. Of the two, the latter was on Friday October 26th and was with Frank (frankh8147) and Jeff (Jeffery P). Frank found a cool mosasaur vertebrae and Jeff found some rare species of ammonite whose name evades my mind. I thought the day was pretty nice and overall optimal for fossil collecting. Thank you for reading this and I hope you have a nice day wherever you are & have a productive next hunt.

Kind regards,

Trevor

KTB1.thumb.JPG.e2c7e9697c6d6ac71598771cebce2f43.JPG

KTB2.thumb.JPG.ec8830e720ceb1caac5dd82e07b180a5.JPG

M1.thumb.JPG.eae725dbdd32d9b29fd7445b846df747.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

: )

Sweet stuff Trevor. Can you post some more pics of the pipe-like object in the first set of Cretaceous pics?

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Very cool finds! Looks like you did very well, congrats!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

7 hours ago, The Jersey Devil said:

Sweet stuff Trevor. Can you post some more pics of the pipe-like object in the first set of Cretaceous pics?

It is piece of a colonial clay pipe.

15 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Is that a plesiosaur vert in pic 5&6?

Yes. It is actually my first complete one and I have very happy with it. That day was grudgingly slow but fortunately I was rewarded with such a find. We really have to take a trip together in the spring or summer. 

1 hour ago, Max-fossils said:

Very cool finds! Looks like you did very well, congrats!

1 hour ago, Darktooth said:

Nice score of goodies!

8 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Very nice, congrats! :)

9 hours ago, ynot said:

Looks like You made some good finds.

Thanks for sharing.

8 hours ago, The Jersey Devil said:

Thank you everyone.

@TrevorThat vert is an awesome find! What is that object, gray in color, dead center in photo #9? I found something similar when I hunted with Frank in July. If I can find it, I will post a pic for comparison.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

1 hour ago, Darktooth said:

@TrevorThat vert is an awesome find! What is that object, gray in color, dead center in photo #9? I found something similar when I hunted with Frank in July. If I can find it, I will post a pic for comparison.

Enchodus jaw 

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

2 hours ago, The Jersey Devil said:

Enchodus jaw 

Thanks, didn't recognize that until you said it. It looked different to me than the ones that I have collected in the past.

5 hours ago, Trevor said:

Yes. It is actually my first complete one and I have very happy with it. That day was grudgingly slow but fortunately I was rewarded with such a find. We really have to take a trip together in the spring or summer. 

I will be sure to make that happen this spring.

12 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I will be sure to make that happen this spring.

Maybe I might be able to join you guys.

Fine with me, the more the merrier. (As long as you don't find all the good stuff).:D

8 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

(As long as you don't find all the good stuff).:D

I'll try not to haha

Congratulations Trevor. You really made out with quite a haul during your break. It was a pleasure meeting you and collecting with you and Frank on Friday. Here's a picture of my finds from that day:

IMG_3630.JPG

42 minutes ago, Jeffrey P said:

Congratulations Trevor. You really made out with quite a haul during your break. It was a pleasure meeting you and collecting with you and Frank on Friday. Here's a picture of my finds from that day:

IMG_3630.JPG

It was awesome meeting you Jeff and I am disappointed we couldn't have met sooner. Hunting with you and Frank was an excellent way to conclude my break. Also, could we possibly get some better pictures of the ammonite? 

That heteromorphic ammonite is probably Nostoceras or Didymoceras.

7 hours ago, Jeffrey P said:

Nice haul! I love the little brachiopods!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils