Snaplolpvp

I was looking at waterfalls and then I found this.  Is it a fossil or at least a footprint.  Please help.

E2386469-3626-4989-8AAB-C75E8B54D178.jpeg

Could be, as ynot said; where? what size?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

It could also be a suggestively shaped erosion pattern.

We need the context of where it was found and size.

If this was found in an area known for footprints, with the correct geology, that would be a good indicator that it is a footprint. 

Conversely, if it was found near Devonian outcrops, that would rule out footprint.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Also if the rocks are the correct age, it might be worth looking around the area to see if there are more shapes that look like footprints.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I found it by a waterfall near the border between Michigan and Wisconsin.  It was about the size of a normal foot.  The waterfall runs about 50 feet from the print.  It looks volcanic and there is no sign of any volcano but the rock is smooth and slanted on other places.  Also it rained.  I son’t know if it was known for prints.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this, but I suspect it would look less like a track with less water in it. 

It's the sort of thing that does really need a context to soften the burden of proof. 

57 minutes ago, Snaplolpvp said:

near the border between Michigan and Wisconsin.

The rock in that area is the wrong age for this type of footprint. Sorry but it is just a suggestive shape.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Archived