Triceratops teeth - Real or Fake?

FossilsandScience

These triceratops teeth looked polished, and there is two white dots on the bigger one that I think is a burn from preparing the tooth. It would be great help if someone could tell me if they are real or fake. Thanks so much!

E79453AB-AF45-4657-BE76-F863DFF8730D.jpeg

39AF66D7-9A70-443E-B78D-F37BFAA3BEAD.jpeg

These look like they might be worn spit teeth. I got a few in my collection that are fairly similar.

• I found this Informative 4

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 4:39 PM, FossilsandScience said:

These triceratops teeth looked polished, and there is two white dots on the bigger one that I think is a burn from preparing the tooth. It would be great help if someone could tell me if they are real or fake. Thanks so much!

E79453AB-AF45-4657-BE76-F863DFF8730D.jpeg

I think they are real but only half of the tooth seems to be present, not sure if that is what you meant @LordTrilobite but think we are in agreement.  What looks polished is likely mineralization of the interior. When looking along the dorsal-ventral axis, basically from directly above as the tooth was in life, what overall shape is the base?  Triceratops often have an elongated diamond shape where the crown and root meet, sometimes if one side has significantly more wear this shape can be closer to that of a triangle. 

Edited by CBchiefski
Typo

They look like what LT said spit teeth and real . Where were they found? I have some Ceratopsian teeth but unable to be sure if they are triceratops.

I can’t see the white dots because I just use my phone to go on TFF but I  have a few different teeth from Hell Creek and it is common to have white spots on them from the mineral replacement I suppose.

47A39544-1051-40D7-BF7B-99B997326A1F.jpeg

8 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

They look like what LT said spit teeth and real . Where were they found? I have some Ceratopsian teeth but unable to be sure if they are triceratops.

I can’t see the white dots because I just use my phone to go on TFF but I  have a few different teeth from Hell Creek and it is common to have white spots on them from the mineral replacement I suppose.

47A39544-1051-40D7-BF7B-99B997326A1F.jpeg

Found in Hell Creek

Ok, @FossilsandScience based on those additional pics I would say they are most likely real. It is funny to see the term "spit teeth" but suppose it works, in the literature, they are referred to as shed teeth.