Baby T. Rex petrified

Amicrazy

Here are pictures of my baby t rex. The skull seems to match with sues very well. You can clearly see the spine and legs as well. Picture 1 is the belly and hind left leg and pubic region. Pic 2 is top view with head closest to u. Pic 3 is side profile. I used red light to highlight the features 

20180615_104953.jpg

20180614_194636.jpg

Photo_1539787803052.png

Although I don't know if it is a t rex or even a fossil. I believe it is but still would like someones expert opinion. And not the opinion of somebody who has self serving motives to prevent the the public sales of fossils. I am willing to donate to a university for research if it is real

I'm sorry mate, that isn't a baby Trex. It's just a rock.

Regards,indominus rex

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Look at these. You see the leg and it is stretched along the body with the foot resting against the head. You can see the toe bones.

20181030_014801.jpg

6 minutes ago, Amicrazy said:

There are many many similarities

I'm sorry but there just aren't enough. You can't go by the general outward appearance. Trust me, the internal structure of these is quite different.

• I found this Informative 1

15 minutes ago, Amicrazy said:

I give up. I guess I'm crazy

Don't give up. Your imagination just needs to be adjusted.

When you see the real thing it's actually easier to recognize than this.

• I found this Informative 5

The piece you present here is not a T-rex skull, nor does it have any diagnostic or morphological characteristics of a skull of any kind. It is not a fossil, but likely a worn rock. There is no symmetry, and no telltale texture to suggest it is anything more than that.

3 hours ago, Amicrazy said:

Although I don't know if it is a t rex or even a fossil. I believe it is but still would like someones expert opinion. And not the opinion of somebody who has self serving motives to prevent the the public sales of fossils. I am willing to donate to a university for research if it is real

You can be reasonably certain that our membership is not in the business of trying to prevent the public sale of fossils (we even have a sales thread, numerous fossil auctions, etc.. and just so long as the objects were legally obtained and owned it is suitable). Coming out swinging with something defensive and, frankly, conspiratorial, is not the best approach to engaging the membership. We are composed of both professional paleontologists and amateur collectors, and this arrangement has proven effective in the deeper appreciation of fossils. In point of fact, the history of paleontology owes a staggering debt to the collaboration between amateur collectors and paleontologists for nearly as long as the discipline has existed. 

• I found this Informative 8

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

26 minutes ago, Amicrazy said:

I guess I'm crazy

No not crazy but I think maybe just disappointed a little.  Mother Nature is a trickster and at times quite convincing. But it does pays to listen to the voice of experience. I know quite a few of the members who have commented on this thread and they could pick out the tiniest fragmented bits of fossils bone in matrix from a mixed box of rocks. 

I am afraid you just have an interesting rock. :(

• I found this Informative 5

I'm sorry to say that I don't see any fossilised bone..

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Hi youarenot crazy,

Lots of us found one day a rock that we want so hard to be something that our brain trick us and only show us what we want.

I can assure you that most of our members are trustfull. They can make mistake but they won't fool you. It is important to take in consideration their comments but it also important to search by yourself and verify what is said.

That said, I will follow my neighbours. It is not a fossil however if you doubt about our motives maybe the best option is to bring your find directly to a museum.

Looking forward looking your next find, 

David

• I found this Informative 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

Your ideas are not gaining any traction here, amicrazy.  :( 

The members here have no interest in preventing the sale of fossils, or preventing the advancement of the science of paleontology. 

We are interested in helping people discover what they have. We have no stake in your rock being a fossil or not.

All we have is a desire to spread the love of Paleontology. We can only give you our honest opinion of what we see. 

What we see is a tumbled quartz/quartzite cobble. Nothing more. No scales, no bones, no bone morphology. :unsure: 

You are seeing what you want to see in this rock.  :( 

Please take it to a paleontologist at a local university or museum. 

We wish you the best of luck with finding out what you have. 

Regards,  

Locking this thread, as no further learning can come from it.

• I found this Informative 7

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• Fossildude19 locked this topic