adriano

My fossils collection with 3D printed drawer compartments

Praefectus

Very nice fossils with great organization.

Bobby Rico

Your trays look stunning and so does for collection. :dinothumb:

snolly50

Wonderfully conceived and executed, it is a very nice display format. To my eye it might look even better, if the skull's stand base were recessed slightly. That is, cutting some relief into the compartments beneath it allowing it to rest about 1/4" below the surface. I just think it would be a nice finishing touch, visually pulling the entire display together. 

jpc

Excellent use of 3D printing.  

Manticocerasman

very neat display, it realy matches the glass cabinet.

adriano

I'm glad that you all like it! I hope to inspire you for your next collection reordering.

I also want to share a darker version of the tray, darkened with wood paint. I'm still not sure if painting all modules or not. This was only a try, after painting there's no coming back. It is very wood-like, but I'm worried that everything becomes darker. What do you think?

IMG_20180831_140156.thumb.jpg.0727b4325d571f97eb517318bac46372.jpgIMG_20180831_182135.thumb.jpg.cf4fd20de3a28d8590a2332f2b208b13.jpgIMG_20180831_182128.thumb.jpg.1e0c2ccc14d3c4ea97cc1d68db6eb4ee.jpg

snolly50

Judging from the first photo, the color of the installation nicely matches the tone of the cabinet. I like it, but can see your observation of an overall "darkening." However, your pictured fossils appear mostly light-colored; so this may offset any gloomy effect. I really like your design. I wish I had the vision (and technical skill) to create such an attractive display.   

Jaimin013

Very nice collection and display!