Member of the Month - November 2018- Max-Fossils

Kane

With much of the year in our rearview mirror now, days getting shorter, nights sharper with chill, and some band that sings a song about this month and its rain, it is nearing the end of the collecting season for some. For others, in the south, it is just beginning. It is November. And with it comes a new Member of the Month.

This month's worthy recipient for being fitted with the crown goes to...

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:     Max-Fossils  :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Max has been with us for two years now, and in that time has treated us to his many beach-combing trips along the Zandmotor. This fine young man has a true sense of wonder about the natural world around him, and a precocious perspicacity to understand the science that governs it all.

He absolutely despises bivalves, of course. :P 

Most of us can count on Max to be that helpful, encouraging voice. He has a temperament that fits perfectly with all the nobler virtues to which this Forum continues to uphold. When helping other members, Max never hesitates in providing as much information as possible, while always being kind in its delivery - and that is truly a mark of early wisdom. :) 

Max, Thanks for all you do and contribute here on the Forum! I was going to throw in a Dutch proverb in your honour, but they seem to involve warnings about not putting butter on your head on a sunny day, or not buying cheese behind derelict windmills. :D 

Congratulations Sir! Wear this Crown with joy as you earned it! (we've encrusted it with bivalves just for you!)

Here is your opportunity to tell us your story - about your passion for fossils, and how you came to TFF!

On behalf of the staff here on TFF, congratulations!

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Congratulations, Max!   :yay-smiley-1:

Well deserved.

I appreciate your contributions here. 

Keep it up!  :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congradulations Max. With your wisdom, winning the award for Member of the Month, was never a question of "if" but "when". Thanks for sharing your gifts. Sharing wisdom enriches us all.

John

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Way to go, Max!

:yay-smiley-1:

We'd all love to hear how you came to your interest and appreciation for collecting fossils.

Cheers.

-Ken

Hey Max :D Congrats for that!!!

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

3 cheers for this months new King! Congratulations Max! Well deserved , young man!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Keep up the good work, Max!

:1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Whoa, what a surprise! I just came back from another monotone day at school, go on my computer and see this! Didn't see this coming at all!

What an honor :ighappy:

@Kane @TqB @Bobby Rico @Manticocerasman @Fossildude19 @PFOOLEY @Walt @LiamL @DPS Ammonite @digit @The Amateur Paleontologist @Darktooth @FossilDAWG @Carl @JohnJ Thank you so much everyone!!! :fistbump:

It will be my joy to share my journey so far in the fascinating world, but I am afraid I will only be able to do so next week... I am participating in MUNISH (Model United Nations: it's like the UN meetings, but then a version for teenagers), which starts tomorrow. Seeing that I still have quite some stuff to do for this important event, I will share my story at the beginning of next week. Sorry for the delay! :wacko:

Thank you again so so much! 

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

6 hours ago, Kane said:

He absolutely despises bivalves, of course. :P 

BIVALVES? GAH! I shiver just by thinking of them...

And who even had the audacity to put that silly little "The bivalve aficionado" text on my profile??? :angry::P 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

2 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

I am participating in MUNISH (Model United Nations: it's like the UN meetings, but then a version for teenagers), which starts tomorrow

You get to wear the crown all month so we can wait for your story.

I suspect teenagers might have more productive United Nations meetings than the adults. Good luck on solving the world's problems--we'll wait patiently for a good origin story.

Cheers.

-Ken

Just now, digit said:

I suspect teenagers might have more productive United Nations meetings than the adults. Good luck on solving the world's problems--we'll wait patiently for a good origin story.

:rofl:

Max Derème

Congrats Max :D :D
Well deserved :dinothumb:

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

23 hours ago, Innocentx said:

WOW, cool Max! Congratulations from me as well!!!

22 hours ago, belemniten said:

Congrats Max :D :D
Well deserved :dinothumb:

22 hours ago, jcbshark said:

Congrats, well deserved:yay-smiley-1:

20 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Congratulations @Max-fossils. You really deserve the crown.

Thanks!!!

Max Derème

Archived