Rowboater

110318.thumb.jpg.1c567bb640052adeed0993d755089139.jpg110318-3.thumb.jpg.e1ea0df682d51e942288889a4b3985ba.jpg

Finally got out to the creek in the woods.  Warm and cloudy, but not many bugs (or frogs). Looked like lots of people had been hunting, but the main creek body was less silted than previously, shells everywhere (in addition to giant tree oysters, scallops, frilly oysters, there were some extra elongated "clams"? )  I had to shovel out lots of broken shells in my spots, and the teeth, as always, were small.  Still it was good to get some angel shark teeth and drum teeth again (rare on the beach) and there were a fair amount of tiny teeth.  Found one smallish mako/ great white (1" but in perfect shape).  Odd in that many teeth were reddish/ pinkish; often I see the tips but not so many teeth that color (guess good for jewelry?)  After three hours of digging and sifting, I decided it was time to go, but decided to try a favorite old spot where I have found several cow shark teeth, and voila! first shovelful yielded a beautiful (a bit small) intact cowshrk tooth with root.  Good time to stop (probably sore tomorrow).  Good relaxing trip!

Congratulations on a good hunt! I relly like makos, but the cowskark is my favorite.  

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Thanks everyone.  Realized that the scanner did not catch the color differences well.  Frequently find teeth of different colors and particularly their tips, but don't remember finding so many reddish ones (wish they were bigger!), must have mineralized in a different pocket from most.  Generally 90%+ are the standard black or bluish gray.  Here's a bunch of the reddish ones with a few 'normal' ones thrown in (still not capturing the color but better than those above).

110318-redteeth.jpg.0fabbc1b56142e6bd107055fb6b25afa.jpg