cave bear paw

Kittenmittens

Hello, recently purchased a bear paw from an online store. It was advertised as 20% restored from an old collection. The paw seems coated or painted with something and I am trying to figure out what it is. There are a few chips where it is yellow tanish underneath the "coating". Last picture is theirs and the rest I took. Thanks for the help in advance.

IMG-20181104-114903.jpg

IMG-20181104-114809.jpg

IMG-20181104-114723.jpg

IMG-20181104-113429.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I guess the first question should have been is it real? I sent an email asking what the coating was and they sent back a reply saying-I'm not 100% sure what our Mother company used to stabilize the bones. I have to wait till get an answer. Should I just try to get a refund and send it back?

No it is not real bones. Yes I would try to get your money back. If you can.:(

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

41 minutes ago, Kittenmittens said:

Should I just try to get a refund and send it back?

Yes definitely and if you payed with paypal you can contact them too. They can retrieve your money. 

I hope you don’t mind me saying this but some companies make me really angry. They have stated it has 20% restoration and they don’t know what the bones are stabilised with. To me this means they knew it was cast . I have started helping a lady on on our favourite auction site with some IDs and info. She has been selling some of her late husbands ammonites as replicas . I email her and said why do you think it is a replica , she said because she has knowledge of fossils and did not won’t to mislead anyone , just safer to say it is a replica. I wish everyone was like her.  I really hope you get your money back and remember try before you buy. Post here first and get some sound advice. Good luck Bobby 

Thank you everyone, seller said ship it back and she will refund. I'll definitely post before purchase from now on.

Archived