Possible teeth, found in Danube River, “UGLY & STANKY”

InfoHungryMom

I found 2 separate sets of these-  1 set on  2 different days in the Danube River in Germany.  These look like teeth, but when I cleaned them they began to smell like skunk.... the more I cleaned, the stinkier they got.

Anyone know if they are teeth, a plant, or something else entirely?  It was very difficult to determine.  (My husband is a dentist and initially he was certain they were not teeth, but after being cleaned, it was even more ambiguous.)  I finally gave-up, took this picture, and threw them away...  FAR AWAY!

Thank you! 

22E3CF4E-2237-4A7A-A8E8-B9FBF8BC3997.jpeg

Is that the only picture you took?  Will need different angles and something for scale.  

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

It looks like a bovid (maybe Bos) lower m3 tooth, to me, but an occlusal view may help in the ID.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Do cows teeth smell like skunk, or have you not kissed one (or been close enough) to know?

:hearty-laugh:

Phew, did they smell horrific!  I thought I might have discovered part of a “skunk weed” plant!   I guess the deterioration.... yucky!

The bottoms did look like it was from a plant.  They were about 2 or 3 inches tall & wide....   blech!

Certainly looks to be Bovid.

That "Stank" is what we in the world call rotting flesh.  

If you think that's bad, smell a decaying cat sometime. Guaranteed you won't get that smell out of your sinuses for days! :wacko:

Cal, like I said-  my husband is a Periodontist, and the “roots” looked like bark or grass, and they literally smelled like a skunk.  I am so naive... people would enter my business, and then I would smell skunk... I wondered why there were suddenly so many suburban skunks!  

Since my children explained that, I have associated the smell of skunk with pot.  I thought it was some kind of “skunk weed”... the “teeth”had a double layer at the top and an opening at the top.... but why would “rotting flesh in bleach smell like skunk?

Archived