Platteville Wisconsin Crinoid Help

RCFossils

I think that I found a small crinoid in the Ordovician aged Platteville Formation of Southwestern Wisconsin.

i know there is not much to go on but am hoping someone can confirm that it is a crinoid.

Any idea on species would also be appreciated.

The specimen measures around an inch.

A235A707-7EC0-4481-9A2E-06491F340775.jpeg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Not really too much to go on with this piece. I can see the small segmented arms, but without a calyx a proper ID will be extremely difficult. I have one I found nearly complete and am still unable to identify it.

Here is it.

Unidentified crinoid

Platteville Formation,Mifflin mbr- early ordovician

Grant County, Wisconsin

5.5cm

20181107_123022.thumb.jpg.ad00a451b1085ad8b6734759d09f4dce.jpg

...I'm back.

16 minutes ago, Raggedy Man said:

Not really too much to go on with this piece. I can see the small segmented arms, but without a caylex a proper ID will be extremely difficult. I have one I found nearly complete and am still unable to identify it.

Here is it.

Unidentified crinoid

Platteville Formation,Mifflin mbr- early ordovician

Grant County, Wisconsin

5.5cm

20181107_123022.thumb.jpg.ad00a451b1085ad8b6734759d09f4dce.jpg

Very Nice!

That looks a bit like Iocrinus specimens that I have from Ohio.

13 minutes ago, RCFossils said:

Very Nice!

That looks a bit like Iocrinus specimens that I have from Ohio.

Thanks! I was thinking that or Cremacrinus arctus as Caleb found a few that looks identical, but my caylex isn't that clear and is partially disarticulated. I have several others as well, but they need prep. The pieces are too big to mail and atm I do not feel my skill level with abrasion is on par and id probably do more harm than good.  Lol. I might go out next weekend on Saturday as its probably the last nice day we'll have up here. This weekend is going to be cold and windy with the possibility of snow...blah

...I'm back.

1 hour ago, Raggedy Man said:

Thanks! I was thinking that or Cremacrinus arctus as Caleb found a few that looks identical, but my caylex isn't that clear and is partially disarticulated. I have several others as well, but they need prep. The pieces are too big to mail and atm I do not feel my skill level with abrasion is on par and id probably do more harm than good.  Lol. I might go out next weekend on Saturday as its probably the last nice day we'll have up here. This weekend is going to be cold and windy with the possibility of snow...blah

Good luck!

They are calling for snow so hopefully it does not stick.

@Raggedy Man, Went hunting today in northern Iowa. There is already one inch of frost!! I had to break through that to get to viable specimens. Only going to get colder. SAD.

53 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

@Raggedy Man, Went hunting today in northern Iowa. There is already one inch of frost!! I had to break through that to get to viable specimens. Only going to get colder. SAD.

Ekk! I hoping the long term forecast is correct in that its supposed to warm up a bit for a week or two then drop. If not then Ill just hunt the basement formation ...lol

...I'm back.