Timurlengia euotica tooth

DatFossilBoy

Hey guys.

Saw this nice Timurlengia tooth, was wondering if it has any restoration or not. I have circled a part that looks a different colour,have no idea if it means anything or not. These are the only pics I have,sorry.

Do you guys see any red flags?

Thanks for the help.

regards

193F0DC8-DCBE-432D-8B0E-74BEBF422BFD.jpeg

EB9ECCC8-FA44-4A29-876B-C4A50D231B24.jpeg

C41EA05B-0807-4A72-9D7F-2CFCEF8FB18F.jpeg

4F31EE37-ECE9-4776-80CC-8D8E49CC4C01.jpeg

9811F9F6-2931-47E1-920B-E080A9FCB2D4.jpeg

CFE77328-6F3F-4D9C-888F-3CF7F918C961.jpeg

73ACD96F-BD8A-4344-940D-D08B7D247F36.jpeg

The area you identified looks very suspect and does not fit the color mottling seen on the rest of that side of the tooth.  In addition all of the serrations are missing.

• I found this Informative 1

1 minute ago, TyBoy said:

The area you identified looks very suspect and does not fit the color mottling seen on the rest of that side of the tooth.  In addition all of the serrations are missing.

Interesting. Apparently serrations on these teeth are often worn because of the fm. I have two Timurlengia teeth with little to no resto with no serrations.

30 minutes ago, TyBoy said:

Serrations missing are typical of Bissekty. Not sure on the “splotchy” coloration. I’ve seen some odd preservation from there but can’t tell from pictures provided.

Hi there, so I have seen some odd colours on timurlengia teeth where certain parts of the enamel of the tooth don't appear like the other parts of the tooth and a lot of teeth from this location has strange preservation. It also doesn't help that the part of the tooth you are questioning has a reflection from light so I would personally ask for clearer pictures of this part even though these are the only pictures that they have provided. Sellers are usually happy to provide additional pics if requested unless they are really busy and don't have the time or have something to hide :P. As others have mentioned, Timurlengia teeth often don't have serrations due to being worn..regardless I think it is a really nice tooth especially this side, there is something about the patterns on the surface that really catches my eyes :drool: 

193F0DC8-DCBE-432D-8B0E-74BEBF422BFD.jpeg.3369997baf7a9600388d7f527b630f0f.jpg

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

7 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Hi there, so I have seen some odd colours on timurlengia teeth where certain parts of the enamel of the tooth don't appear like the  other parts of the tooth and a lot of teeth have strange preservation. It also doesn't help that the part of the tooth you are questioning has a reflection from light. Moreover, many timurlengia teeth that I see have no serrations as they are often worn..regardless I think it is a really nice tooth especially this side. Incredible :drool: 

193F0DC8-DCBE-432D-8B0E-74BEBF422BFD.jpeg.3369997baf7a9600388d7f527b630f0f.jpg

Very true. The colours are amazing on that tooth and look quite authentic.

I am just scared of it being restored...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help guys. Appreciate it :) 

8 minutes ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Very true. The colours are amazing on that tooth and look quite authentic.

I am just scared of it being restored...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help guys. Appreciate it :) 

I can sometimes put restoration aside on teeth if it is well done. I have a few teeth that have restored in portions and it looks ok. However, I can understand why some people may want to avoid restored teeth.

4 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

I can sometimes put restoration aside on teeth if it is done properly and is well done. I have a few teeth that have restored in portions and it looks ok. However, I can understand why people avoid restored teeth.

Yeah. The thing is, imagine Alex buys this tooth and then wants to resell it, seller asks Alex if it has no restoration, Alex sais no cuz he got it without, new owner then is angry with Alex cuz he discovered resto. Alex now has problems.

This is the main reason I avoid restored teeth. Not only the fact that a part of the tooth is missing.

40 minutes ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Yeah. The thing is, imagine Alex buys this tooth and then wants to resell it, seller asks Alex if it has no restoration, Alex sais no cuz he got it without, new owner then is angry with Alex cuz he discovered resto. Alex now has problems.

This is the main reason I avoid restored teeth. Not only the fact that a part of the tooth is missing.

Yes true you definitely want to avoid getting into that situation

After taking a second look, I think the tooth looks good. Patterns carry over onto the other side of the tooth and the “gray spot” you highlighted could simply be where the tooth was worn down. Maybe a surface find and that portion was sticking out of the ground? The reverse side is very patchy (still typical of Bissekty teeth) and carries over onto the other side.

@DatFossilBoy So I have asked a question to this user a few months back on a sauropod tooth he had up for sale so I contacted him to ask about the timurlengia tooth that you are interested in. His response is below (English is not his first language but hopefully you can understand what he is saying).

Yes this tooth has been find broken in 2 parts.
you can see ha in picture 3 But she was restuck very well. A thing which is on it is that 2 parts belong to the same tooth otherwise it would have been impossible to make such an alteration and then we do not mix the various parts without warning.
And maybe the price would not have been the same, we take into account touch-ups on the price. all I can say is that it's an action of natural retouch without any addition of anything..It was found in 2 left that we simply restuck to make the one that we propose you. Rare are the teeth which we find whole because it is very fragile and without support even the jaw is not a guarantee. I can tell you that it is a beautifull specimen

6 hours ago, Jaimin013 said:

@DatFossilBoy So I have asked a question to this user a few months back on a sauropod tooth he had up for sale so I contacted him to ask about the timurlengia tooth that you are interested in. His response is below (English is not his first language but hopefully you can understand what he is saying).

Yes this tooth has been find broken in 2 parts.
you can see ha in picture 3 But she was restuck very well. A thing which is on it is that 2 parts belong to the same tooth otherwise it would have been impossible to make such an alteration and then we do not mix the various parts without warning.
And maybe the price would not have been the same, we take into account touch-ups on the price. all I can say is that it's an action of natural retouch without any addition of anything..It was found in 2 left that we simply restuck to make the one that we propose you. Rare are the teeth which we find whole because it is very fragile and without support even the jaw is not a guarantee. I can tell you that it is a beautifull specimen

That is awesome Information! Sooo helpful. Could not have asked for better.

It is super kind of you to have done this,everything is clear and I now know that it has not been restored. Awesome.

Thank you so much to you and this person!!! :):):) 

2 hours ago, DatFossilBoy said:

That is awesome Information! Sooo helpful. Could not have asked for better.

It is super kind of you to have done this,everything is clear and I now know that it has not been restored. Awesome.

Thank you so much to you and this person!!! :):):) 

I saw that someone brought the tooth. I hope it was you! I know if you weren't looking I would have been interested. Anyway whoever got the tooth is very lucky it's a really nice tooth!

1 minute ago, Jaimin013 said:

I saw that someone brought the tooth. I hope it was you! I know if you weren't looking I would have been interested. Anyway whoever got the tooth is very lucky it's a really nice tooth!

I was not the one... someone outbid me. I am so sad...

Better luck next time. Plus I have some info about my other two Timurlengia teeth

1 minute ago, DatFossilBoy said:

I was not the one... someone outbid me. I am so sad...

Better luck next time. Plus I have some info about my other two Timurlengia teeth

Ah unlucky! That is annoying well I hope something like it appears again. I am sure it will

Just now, Jaimin013 said:

Ah unlucky! That is annoying well I hope something like it appears again. I am sure it will

I really hope so because I have been waiting for ages to get a good tooth...