BLT

I found this rock in a middle Tennessee creek. (Mississippian, St. Louis Limestone & Warsaw Limestone) I thought it had a brachiopod imprint, but haven’t seen one with such a deep, almost rectangular indentation on one side. Any thoughts?  

BFFAD8CB-2FAB-4020-9CE9-0182B15A3489.jpeg

1DBA8A7C-D113-4C02-9AAB-452C82E33E66.jpeg

668DEE23-D933-49AE-8C3E-1418FC3C5F1B.jpeg

2A89D66C-793A-4491-8AB2-821ABFDD2B66.jpeg

5F9972D5-0021-459C-A111-3746428458C0.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BLT said:

Thanks so much! It appears to match the Punctospirifer. :)

Glad to be of service!

By the way - I've noticed that you're often up early here on TFF, just like me - this is my "quiet me time" before the kids get up - you too by any chance? 

9 minutes ago, Monica said:

Glad to be of service!

By the way - I've noticed that you're often up early here on TFF, just like me - this is my "quiet me time" before the kids get up - you too by any chance? 

My children are grown, but yes, the early morning hours, before the sun rises, are often my favorite “quiet” hours of the day. I’m usually on my second pot of coffee by now. Lol

1 hour ago, BLT said:

My children are grown, but yes, the early morning hours, before the sun rises, are often my favorite “quiet” hours of the day before my husband gets up and disturbs my "me" time. Lol

Ahh, the silence.

3 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Ahh, the silence.

Umm, I do not believe your quote of mine is quite accurate! (even if it was implied) :P

1 hour ago, BLT said:

I’m usually on my second pot of coffee by now. Lol

And after the third pot 'o Joe I'm so wired and jittery, I don't really care what  is going on around me. :P

2 minutes ago, caldigger said:

And after the third pot 'o Joe I'm so wired and jittery, I don't really care what  is going on around me. :P

Lol, unfortunate, but rather close to the truth. :blink:

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

I am up at 4am every morning to go to work, so I'm right there with ya sisters!

Oh gee... at 4am I'm just over 1/2 way through my shifts.. :P

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

1 hour ago, daves64 said:

Oh gee... at 4am I'm just over 1/2 way through my shifts.. :P

I used to work 12 hour graveyards, loved It!

Gave you most of the regular workday to get things done while businesses were open and it was daylight.

I only work 8 hours (11pm - 7am), but have been doing so almost exclusively since 2001. But I can (and have) work any of the 3 shifts, just prefer the quiet. And less people. Not to mention, mines the only shift that mgmt isn't likely to show up. And people can't understand why I like it so much... :hearty-laugh:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

13 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

There’s a 4 in the morning.....?

It's a "States" thing John, go back to bed!

We just like getting up 10 minutes after the sun goes down, drink a few gallons of Colombian mountain grown motivator, walk around all day like zombies and complain about it. :P

Archived