A quick trip through the Confusion and House Ranges, Utah

DeepTimeIsotopes

7 minutes ago, ynot said:

Sounds like You had a good trip with some very nice finds.

Thanks, I revisited the place you and I had gone to a couple years ago which is where I found that Acrothele subsidua, it is still a good place to dig.:ighappy:

• I found this Informative 1

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

7 minutes ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

I revisited the place you and I had gone to a couple years ago

I kinda figured You were raiding My secret site,:P

but who cares (not Me).:thumbsu:

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

13 minutes ago, ynot said:

I kinda figured You were raiding My secret site,:P

but who cares (not Me).:thumbsu:

It's a good one! :dinothumb:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

16 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Nice finds. Those productids are great!

I almost forgot to show them off! I was quite happy to find those two in the first 10 minutes of looking at that site. They're one of the best fossils I've found which is saying something. They're hard to get any with spines attached there because it was a high energy environment but I found two in the same rock:D

1 minute ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

I almost forgot to show them off! I was quite happy to find those two in the first 10 minutes of looking at that site. They're one of the best fossils I've found which is saying something. They're hard to get any with spines attached there because it was a high energy environment but I found two in the same rock:D

I guess the environment ran out of energy in that corner then.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

3 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

I guess the environment ran out of energy in that corner then.

Now, I just have to find a quiet corner at Fossil Mountain to get a full trilobite. :hearty-laugh:

Some more landscape pictures

IMG_4711.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

Captured this beautiful sunset right as we pulled into camp.

IMG_4713.JPG

My tent at sunrise the following morning.

IMG_4716.JPG

• I found this Informative 4

1 hour ago, Nimravis said:

Great finds and I really like the pictures of the area that you were hunting in.

Thanks! Nice scenery combined with nice fossils makes a good time into a great time.

4 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

My tent at sunrise the following morning.

IMG_4716.JPG

With all that hard work... Posted ImagePosted Image ...hopefully you had a tasty breakfast! mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.yimg.com%2Fok%2Fu%2Fassets%2Fimg%2Femoticons%2Femo59.gif&t=1541993135&ymreqid=2b37d289-e028-403a-1c1e-350003015100&sig=W0eDF9vg9hcpHKfSdwb5gg--~C

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

49 minutes ago, piranha said:

With all that hard work... Posted ImagePosted Image ...hopefully you had a tasty breakfast! mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.yimg.com%2Fok%2Fu%2Fassets%2Fimg%2Femoticons%2Femo59.gif&t=1541993135&ymreqid=2b37d289-e028-403a-1c1e-350003015100&sig=W0eDF9vg9hcpHKfSdwb5gg--~C

Blueberry bagels with cream cheese, mmmmm.... 

As the others have said: Great report and nice pics! Wish I could do one like it. Someday maybe....

I wonder why we hardly see any fossils available from Fossil Mountain... Lots of Cambrian stuff from Utah, but hardly any Ordovician. (I have one fossil from the Utah Ordovician, a graptolite from the Fillmore Fm.)

Hi,

Nice area, but don't put a pair of scissors to give the scale, there are all sizes, it is useless ;)

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

6 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

As the others have said: Great report and nice pics! Wish I could do one like it. Someday maybe....

I wonder why we hardly see any fossils available from Fossil Mountain... Lots of Cambrian stuff from Utah, but hardly any Ordovician. (I have one fossil from the Utah Ordovician, a graptolite from the Fillmore Fm.)

Hey thanks! It's a bit of a drive and a hike. They aren't usually complete. They're not as pretty to some people who would rather have a full trilobite from the Cambrian so less people collect there. I haven't gotten any graptolites yet. I'd love to see yours if you wanted to post it. 

5 hours ago, Coco said:

Hi,

Nice area, but don't put a pair of scissors to give the scale, there are all sizes, it is useless ;)

Coco

I forgot a ruler... how embarassing of me...:ighappy:

2 hours ago, Monica said:

Very cool-looking trilobite pygidium and absolutely amazing scenery - thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks! I thought it looked cool too, that's why I brought it home. :hearty-laugh:

:doh!: For this time you are forgiven ! ;) :rofl:

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

1 hour ago, Coco said:

:doh!: For this time you are forgiven ! ;) :rofl:

Coco

Here is the scissors next to a proper ruler both imperial and metric. IMG_4878.thumb.JPG.8e8d1141d9773d16b2de3d77ef784fdc.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

Ah no ! Not the scale near the sissors ! :doh!: :doh!: Near the fossils ! :rofl::rofl:

:popcorn:

Coco

----------------------

Un Greg...

Really nice finds! Thanks for taking us with!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

30 minutes ago, Coco said:

Ah no ! Not the scale near the sissors ! :doh!: :doh!: Near the fossils ! :rofl::rofl:

:popcorn:

Coco

:doh!::rofl:

21 minutes ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Really nice finds! Thanks for taking us with!

Thanks! Maybe next time I'll have to take some forum members along for the ride in real time.