Ebay Find!

Guest Nicholas

It looks real, but I wonder how much restoration work has been done. Looks like some of the matrix has been added? Just guessing.

RB

Guest Nicholas
It looks real, but I wonder how much restoration work has been done. Looks like some of the matrix has been added? Just guessing.

RB

I noticed that too, that is why it seemed fake to me. I was also wondering the same thing.

I noticed that too, that is why it seemed fake to me. I was also wondering the same thing.

Hey guys, don't seems me too fake, but we can make a little friendly challenge, one of us could contact with the buyer and ask him if he have sent back the fossil, ok?

I have added the link to my favorites.

:)

Maybe it could be a composite? Ive seen some beautiful ammos put together in composites before. They are real fossils, but put together to make them more valuable and marketable to the gullible I think? Or maybe just repaired becuase maybe it fell apart? Just more guessing.

RB

It's real. Perhaps a bit of restoration. It would cost a lot more to fake than sell the real thing. Ichy materiali isn't all that rare in UK deposits. Someone spent a lot of time on prepping but it was probably a labour of love.

I agree - it is the real deal - I have many trade buddies in the UK, and these types of blocks are not that uncommon. Great prep work on it, and the seller is very well known in the collector community for killer specimens.

I've looked at lots of that guy's eBay offerings over the years and it always looks like high grade legit stuff to me, not the typical Moroccan and Chinese snarge.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I couldn't say if it was real or not.... But I'd never spend big bucks on something that I couldn't hold in my hand and check out first.

I feel that way about implants.

Jim