Sign in to follow this  
siteseer

Natural History magazine issue on Human Origins

siteseer

I don't read a lot about hominid fossils but I try to keep up with general knowledge of recent finds and discussions.  Sometimes, the various science magazines will publish a special issue on the subject and I try to pick up a copy.

The September issue of Natural History is devoted to human origins with a few articles with even one on the ancient primates of the Paleocene and Eocene along with a reprinted column by the late Stephen J. Gould.  I haven't read it yet but leafed through it (nice artwork and fossil photos in it).  I had seen it that month at a local Barnes & Noble but the last copy was all bent-up like an accordion.  I looked for it at another store but couldn't find it.  I went back to pick up the beat-up one I had seen but it was gone.  After hunting around the magazine website, I found that back issues were available so I mailed away for it ($7 including shipping).  Ten days later, it arrived. 

In case anyone else is interested, here's the link to page with the back issue address - just scroll down to it:

http://www.naturalhistorymag.com/contact.html

WhodamanHD

Thanks for posting, Paleoanthropology is my favorite subject!