minnbuckeye

On 12/10/2018 at 5:15 PM, sTamprockcoin said:

Don"t bother with the rockhounding PA book (IMHO) look for "Fossil Collecting in the MidAtlantic States" by Jasper Burns which has more localities and better illustrations and is ALL fossils! The other one has too many closed and locations where you can't collect. 

I was reading reviews on Amazon and it sounded similar regarding closed locations. Does the mid Atlantic one give specific locations and maps because a few of the reviews said they do not. With 4 kids and a wife with me they get pretty impatient if the hunting is hard to come by.

I'm sure that some of The mid atlantic book's spots are closed as a result of over collecting etc. It does not have maps but the descriptions seem to be find-able. For me "specific locations" is hard to quantify since 2 people can be standing at the same rock cut one finds fossils and the other doesn't because they're looking ot the wrong rocks. You'll get best help from here on  TFF

“Beautiful is what we see. More beautiful is what we understand. Most beautiful is what we do not comprehend.” N. Steno

• 1 month later...