Nicky Nouris

Books and general information about fossils?

Nicky Nouris

Hi! my question here is about books, I want to know where I can buy fossil books to learn more about the subject of fossils, geology and prehistoric creatures. 

The books preferrably in English but Dutch is good as well and Also available with shipping to the Netherlands!

I already own a trio of books about fossils and dinosaurs but all of these books are from different times and feature different things.

List of books:

Dinosaurs, A big book about prehistoric animals from 2009 (English)

Fossielen, An encyclopedia from 1988 (Dutch)

The fossil enyclopedia, well the title says it from 2007 (Dutch)

Thank you for reading and for helping me out!

facehugger

Amazon is a great source for both print and digital. Local library too maybe? Very possibly books written by academics in Netherlands that specifically have info on that region, i.e. what types of fossils, rock formations and locations, how to prep, etc. 

If you can get access to resources from a University library, they will have even more detailed info. Dissertations are often valuable, as the PhD candidate HAS to reveal the locations that pertain to his/her findings...

Wendell Ricketts

As I always do, I suggest a subscription to Fossil News: The Journal of Avocational Paleontology. We do ship to Europe!

More info is here: FossilNews.org.

Best,

W.

siteseer
57 minutes ago, Nicky Nouris said:

Hi! my question here is about books, I want to know where I can buy fossil books to learn more about the subject of fossils, geology and prehistoric creatures. 

The books preferrably in English but Dutch is good as well and Also available with shipping to the Netherlands!

I already own a trio of books about fossils and dinosaurs but all of these books are from different times and feature different things.

List of books:

Dinosaurs, A big book about prehistoric animals from 2009 (English)

Fossielen, An encyclopedia from 1988 (Dutch)

The fossil enyclopedia, well the title says it from 2007 (Dutch)

Thank you for reading and for helping me out!

For years Backhuys Books was a well-known dealer but the website hasn't been updated in a while so it's probably better to visit in person.

http://www.euronet.nl/users/backhuys/

I haven't bought from Strack Books yet but it seems to have a good selection.

http://www.strackbooks.nl/

Herb

what topics and ags are you interested in?

UtahFossilHunter

If you're looking for any fossils in general you can try "Prehistoric Life: The Definitive Visual History of Life on Earth" by DK

It's used in college classes because it covers everything from the beginning of the Archean to the Ice Age. It's got a lot of great pictures. I've got a copy and it's nice to take out every now and then and look through the pictures.

amazon.com has it for $25 which isn't too bad for what you get.

doushantuo

Kijk of je deze ergens kunt vinden:

logboek-der-aarde-door-van-der-vlerk-en-kuenen-49078594.jpg

cms_visual_1013303.jpg_1516284603000_300x429.jpg

Bobby Rico
5 hours ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

If you're looking for any fossils in general you can try "Prehistoric Life: The Definitive Visual History of Life on Earth" by DK

It's used in college classes because it covers everything from the beginning of the Archean to the Ice Age. It's got a lot of great pictures. I've got a copy and it's nice to take out every now and then and look through the pictures.

amazon.com has it for $25 which isn't too bad for what you get.

I second that it is a great book 

EF7A7579-A0B4-401E-BF84-E52E666BB578.jpeg