lol...now this one fooled me but good

hndmarshall

probably a worn snail steinkern (internal mold of the shell that remains after the actual shell disintegrates)

• I found this Informative 6

The spiraling character reminds me of gastropods, so a steinkern might be a good possibility. :)

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

28 minutes ago, caldigger said:

The shell likely got a bit crushed prior to full fossilization.

guess it could have so it may actually be a fossil?.... and here I thought I was being fooled again...hmmmm guess I was...:headscratch:

1 hour ago, hndmarshall said:

guess it could have so it may actually be a fossil?.... and here I thought I was being fooled again...hmmmm guess I was...:headscratch:

Yes a steinkern or internal mold of the shell is considered a fossil, yeah :D. I find many of them in Florida.

yes a snail internal cast

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

The fossnot expert finds a fossil. :yay-smiley-1:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Well, there IS a saying that goes like "Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while". Congrats on the find, now you gotta find more. ;)

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

My first tooth "find" turned out to be the hoof core of a mule deer & just had one recently that turned out to be a cactus seed, so.. None of us are perfect. :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76: