USB Microscope Suggestions?

Dan 1000

G'day everyone! 

My dad and I were interested in investing in a USB Microscope to take photos of our smaller fossils and other things (Mainly small insects). We did some searching about and found this microscope. Before I purchase it I want to see what you all think and if there is a better option. https://www.online.com/p/AmScope-UBW500X0200M-5x-500x-2mp-8-led-3d-Zoom-Digital-USB-Microscope/2255356843

Thanks,

Dan

• I found this Informative 1

You can't really go wrong with that brand. It very much depends as well on the level of quality you are looking for in your images. Many of these USB scopes are fairly similar in function and quality, but for very high quality imaging, stacking software is recommended as this will resolve field of view (FOV) issues. That means taking numerous stationary images of the object at slightly different focal strengths, feeding all those images into the software so it can make a composite. Some of our microfossil and amber collecting folks might be able to give tips on that.

• I found this Informative 5

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

it looks very similar to what I bought in China a few years ago , at the price of less than $20.  Some of the photos I put up here are captured with it.

• I found this Informative 1