Big coprolite and a lobster

LiamL

Just sharing afew of my finds i've been working on today.

Firstly a big, marine reptile or fish coprolite that i expected to pop out of the matrix. I'm not sure if it'll look better kept in, but it's pretty delicate. 

5bf2e791dd219_Photo19-11-201815649pm-min.thumb.jpg.ea1a8cae2785c52ea1d0f5b0db9d2527.jpg

Secondly a lobster, claw or body part. Not sure which.

5bf2e7afad572_Photo19-11-201822958pm-min.thumb.jpg.dd9604626f96bf07fb3ec2729c12218c.jpg

Remember i'm still new to prepping, so everything is new to me.

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

Nice pieces! 

Looking good so far. 

Good luck with the prepping. 

Don't forget to show us the finished results! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Very nice :dinothumb::wub:

A friend of mine keeps reminding me to smooth the surface near the fossil :) That emproves the result considerably. 

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

The lobster is part of the cephalothorax.  I think it's likely upside down in the photo, which is to say be careful going around the part that is more deeply into the concretion as delicate structures such as the rostrum are likely still hidden in there.

Don

22 minutes ago, belemniten said:

Very nice :dinothumb::wub:

A friend of mine keeps reminding me to smooth the surface near the fossil :) That emproves the result considerably. 

These are mid prep, not finished :P

11 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

The lobster is part of the cephalothorax.  I think it's likely upside down in the photo, which is to say be careful going around the part that is more deeply into the concretion as delicate structures such as the rostrum are likely still hidden in there.

Don

Thanks! Do you think i should start removing matrix from the other side instead?

This was found in a nodule which i split and was surprised to see the bumpy crustation structure. That's why i continued prep from that side.

@LiamL nice finds and the preps look really good so far. Fortunately I don't have to prep very much for the fossils around me!

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

54 minutes ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

@LiamL nice finds and the preps look really good so far. Fortunately I don't have to prep very much for the fossils around me!

Thanks, the Yorkshire rock is very hard! Must be nice to have soft matrix!

5 minutes ago, LiamL said:

Thanks, the Yorkshire rock is very hard! Must be nice to have soft matrix!

Soft matrix is nice, but I mostly find loose fossils with no need to prep.

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Archived