Dinosaur head with skin?

Cybercyr

Sorry, I don’t see anything resembling a dinosaur skull, or fossil at all.

More pics from different angles could help id what exactly this is.

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

Welcome to the forum! :)

Unfortunately, I do not see any fossil here.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Sorry, it is from Fresno area california,  was allowed to be photographed quickly, but no longer have access,  its been in the family a long time. It has not been cleaned,  and you can clearly see red and gray paint dripped on it....I'm new, as I only have a few clams from the Scotia bluffs and eel river. And only 3 weeks into rockhounding, I can't figure out how to post more pics,  or make them smaller, I'll look for tutorial 

20181120_155615.jpg

If I'm completely wrong, I understand,  but as you see it in person,  you clearly see scaled skin, bone, with inside of bone chalky blueish....

Sorry but this does not look like bone or skin, or any type of fossil.

I think it is a silicate, possibly chert on/in a sandstone.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

And being from Fresno, it would be Miocene or later sediments.  Long after the dinos were bye-bye.

The only three dinosaurs found in California are in this 1mile area where found... like right there,  one was new type only seen there... and pierce came of, it's clearly leatherish and scale type

3 hours ago, Cybercyr said:

If I'm completely wrong, I understand,  but as you see it in person,  you clearly see scaled skin, bone, with inside of bone chalky blueish....

Sorry , but I agree that understanding is in order.

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Another vote for geologic oddity. 

I see no skull morphology, no bone textures, and what you are stating is skin, looks nothing like any dinosaur skin I have ever seen. :headscratch::unsure:  

I'm going to have to say not a fossil,  at all.  :( 

For better, in hand assessment, this should be brought to a local university or museum.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I was thinking crocodile,  but have to research if those were ever in area,.. they were afraid they couldn't show where grandpa found it and it would be confiscated if they had it identified... wish I had time to take a sample and better pics,  thank you guys for all your help! Really appreciate it

Yeah no, sorry. This is an interesting looking rock. There's no skull here.

Also no skin, it's too random for it to be scaly skin. Not to mention that preserved skin is very rare.

We humans tend to see patterns in everything. Lots of times we pick up on complex patterns. But often we also see patterns that aren't really there.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Archived