Awesome Preservation on Star

Hipockets

My son has couple of pieces of aldebarania ( starfish) found in Pee Dee formation from Rocky Point NC, that have great preservation. On one piece there is an object that appears to be a sponge maybe ? Any ideas?  Thanks.

20181122111920.jpg

20181122111821.jpg

20181122111554.jpg

20181122111708.jpg

20181122112026.jpg

20181122112052.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

That's the valve that runs the water vascular system in echinoderms. It's called a madreporite.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

16 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Oh looks like you already answered it. Whoops:doh!:

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

2 minutes ago, Hipockets said:

Does anyone know if the tiny stars in pictures 3 and 4 are little stars or something else ?

Sort of both. I'm pretty sure they are internal structures of this star.

• I found this Informative 2

I think, Dale nailed it! :yay-smiley-1:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library