Show us your Hash Plates

Bobby Rico

I just received my prize for winning @Monica contest . A beautiful hash plate ,mid-Devonian from Hungry Hollow  . It is packed with little critters included in a fantastic brachiopod Devonalosia wrightorum a specimen that is less commonly found at Hungry Hollow.  Thank you Monica it is really beautiful and as you know I love hash plates. I am pretty happy with it.   :wub:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• I found this Informative 7

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

I just received my prize for winning @Monica contest . A beautiful hash plate ,mid-Devonian from Hungry Hollow  . It is packed with little critters included in a fantastic brachiopod Devonalosia wrightorum a specimen that is less commonly found at Hungry Hollow.  Thank you Monica it is really beautiful and as you know I love hash plates. I am pretty happy with it.   :wub:

Insanely jealous. :envy:

That's beautiful.

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

24 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Insanely jealous. :envy:

That's beautiful.

It is stunning great fun to photograph  thanks mate

3 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

I'm glad it arrived safely, Bobby - your pictures are fantastic, as usual!!!  :default_faint::)

2 hours ago, Monica said:

I'm glad it arrived safely, Bobby - your pictures are fantastic, as usual!!!  :default_faint::)

Thank I really enjoyed photographing it today . It is very otherworldly like an apocalyptic landscape. :)

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Show us your Hash Plates
  • 1 month later...

To restart this thread, a nicely prepared coral hash plate from the Weißjura of Gerstetten.

IMG_1271.jpeg

IMG_1270.jpeg

IMG_1273.jpeg

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

I'll go next! 

Lower Jurassic mix of bivalves, ammonites and lots of gastropods. Collected by me at a nearby beach a few years ago along the east Antrim coast, Northern Ireland. 

IMG_20210131_162241.jpg

• 1 year later...

Old thread, but what a great one!

The one thing I always think of when I see a marine hash plate, is I am glad it's been long enough to fossilize. I can't imagine the stench of that much rotting shellfish from some of these localities!

20220705_063747.jpg

20220705_063757.jpg