I Found My Best Megalodon Tooth To Date!

WILDKYLE

The weather has FINALLY cooled down here in Florida, and it is comfortable to dig like maniacs in the shallow fossil-bearing creeks. The mosquitoes, thunderstorms, and risk of heat stroke has finally subsided, so we went out to take advantage of the beautiful Florida winter and find some shark teeth! So @Cris and myself headed out to a trusty old site that we have not visited in a long time. Luckily, some recent rains have moved things around and we were able to find some untouched places. I ended up finding one of the nicest Megalodon shark teeth I have ever found in my life! Along with some other amazing juvenile Megalodon teeth, Mako's, and even a piece of Mastodon tooth! What an absolutely insane day. 

I still can't stop looking at the tooth!

• I found this Informative 11

Fossil hunting from dawn til' dusk!

That's awesome! Nice finds!:meg:

• I found this Informative 1

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Awesome finds guys, congrats on that monster meg Kyle..... pretty rare to see anything that size come up in a sifter:yay-smiley-1: 

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

7 hours ago, Trevor said:

Excellent  finds. I really love the reactions too. Keep up the good work boys.

We're glad you like the reactions. True fossil lovers understand haha!

2 hours ago, jcbshark said:

Awesome finds guys, congrats on that monster meg Kyle..... pretty rare to see anything that size come up in a sifter:yay-smiley-1: 

Yeah it definitely doesn't happen much! I have been digging creeks for a long time and this is my first complete tooth this size.

The thing that makes your guys videos so entertaining is the giddy reactions you two have when pulling out something good. You both act as if you are finding your very first fossil discovery every time.

Love every one of these video episodes.

You two will have to take me to that spot when I come out for a dig. ;)

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Impressive finds!!! 

That meg is just... wow. Congrats!!!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Great stuff! Maybe the two teeth with the two chipped sides were used by Native Americans as arrowheads?

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

thx for taking us along on your amazing fieldtrip :D

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:49 AM, caldigger said:

The thing that makes your guys videos so entertaining is the giddy reactions you two have when pulling out something good. You both act as if you are finding your very first fossil discovery every time.

Love every one of these video episodes.

You two will have to take me to that spot when I come out for a dig. ;)

That is so amazing to hear because when we first started doing this stuff we had to decide if we were going to be ourselves (which is the craziness you heard above)... or act like normal people. It didn't take us long to decide we did NOT want to act normal :D

You are just expressing how we are feeling watching your vids.

Except you are getting the joy of actually finding these things and keeping them in your collections of course. ;)

Dorensigbadges.JPG