Nadav

I have found this fossil and cleand it with vinegar. I have never found a fossil like this one, can someone ID it? I saw some similar fossils from madagascar with the name "zipper oyster" if that what it is, can you tell me the scientific name and some details about it?

A+ Gallery_11.jpg

A+ Gallery_12.jpg

A+ Gallery_13.jpg

Yes, it looks like a Rastellum species, maybe Rastellum diluvianum, or R. carinatum.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

On 11/25/2018 at 10:08 AM, Nadav said:

It was found in Israel. If I remember correctly the area is cretaceous.

Makhtesh hagadol exposes much of the jurassic, so if it's from there it could be jurassic. Ive found similar fossils in the area.

15 minutes ago, dolevfab said:

Makhtesh hagadol exposes much of the jurassic, so if it's from there it could be jurassic. Ive found similar fossils in the area.

Some from Ein Boqek, one from Carmel mountine, and most of them from Shizafon area.

49 minutes ago, Nadav said:

Some from Ein Boqek, one from Carmel mountine, and most of them from Shizafon area.

All there places expose cretaceous rocks so I guess you were right judging its cretaceous.

Just now, dolevfab said:

All there places expose cretaceous rocks so I guess you were right judging its cretaceous.

Thank you, I was just using a map that I found online