Found in lake macquarie area. Fossil?

FrostbyteFossils

Found this in the lake macquarie area. I know its a long shot but is this a fossil or just a concretion or something else geological?

P.s. just ask for more pics. I can only upload one due to limitations.

20181126_165916.jpg

Just now, DanKurek said:

Not really seeing any fossils. Looks like a geological specimen of some sort. 

Thank you i thought so. So how can you tell?

@FrostbyteFossils The only fossils that I know have been found around the Lake Macquarie area come from around Newcastle. These fossils mainly consist of plants and inverts (Bivalves and Gastropods, etc) They are typically preserved in a dark shale. I fail to see any plant or invert remains in the rock. But the main reason I say it it not a fossil is because I don't see any imprints or anything at all that suggests there is a fossil. It is just how the rock has formed.

• I found this Informative 5

Just now, DanKurek said:

@FrostbyteFossils The only fossils that I know have been found around the Lake Macquarie area come from around Newcastle. These fossils mainly consist of plants and inverts (Bivalves and Gastropods, etc) They are typically preserved in a dark shale. I fail to see any plant or invert remains in the rock. But the main reason I say it it not a fossil is because I don't see any imprints or anything at all that suggests there is a fossil. It is just how the rock has formed.