Carolina Beach, NC area

fossilnut

Hi to all the NC forum members! My wife and I will be staying @ Carolina Beach, NC from 12/8 to 12/15. First time ever in that area. Would love to find some fossils either on the beaches or nearby sites. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Currently we are at NMB, SC finding a variety of fossils on the beach here. Will post some pics when we return home. Happy Holidays to everyone and Good Hunting, Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I read that Ocean Isle Beach, NC has fossilized shark teeth. That is just North of North Myrtle Beach. Let me know if you go and find anything because I want to visit my Uncle in NC in the future. Good luck and Happy Hunting! :D :meg:

@BronzvikingThanks I will check that out and let u know if I go. I would suggest you may want to check out the Cherry Grove area of NMB, SC where I am now. Finding GW, Crow, Bull and Sandtiger teeth. Sting ray barbs. A piece of deer antler and what I believe is mammoth tusk Ivory. Also Cretaceous echinoids. Last year found a 25 cent piece size blister pearl in a mercenaria (Quahog) shell. Range from Cretaceous to Pleistocene. Just never know. Saw a nice meg find I found one last year beat up. Good Hunting

15 hours ago, fossilnut said:

@BronzvikingThanks I will check that out and let u know if I go. I would suggest you may want to check out the Cherry Grove area of NMB, SC where I am now. Finding GW, Crow, Bull and Sandtiger teeth. Sting ray barbs. A piece of deer antler and what I believe is mammoth tusk Ivory. Also Cretaceous echinoids. Last year found a 25 cent piece size blister pearl in a mercenaria (Quahog) shell. Range from Cretaceous to Pleistocene. Just never know. Saw a nice meg find I found one last year beat up. Good Hunting

Wow sounds like your hitting the jackpot! :) I would like to check the NC coast out sometime. Please post your finds, I'd like to see them. Especially the possible mammoth tusk. I've done a lot of research on those recently because I bought a piece of Mastodon Tusk, so I will be able to help you on that find. The pearl is an awesome find, congrats! I'd like to see that too. Happy Holidays!

@BronzvikingWill post once back home. "Google" fossil blister pearl and u should see my post on the fossil forum (fossilnut). Let me know if that does not wrok and I will send pics. I will take u up on helping to id if I found mammoth ivory tusk and will post that with a note to u.

Archived