Fossil-Hound

Thinking about selecting a light sand color for the background to make these teeth pop. Here’s an evolutionary display of the Megalodon. Left-to-right: O. obliques, O. auriculatus, O. angustiden, O. chubutensis, O. megalodon. Notice the abscence of cusps from the Meg. The two right most teeth are from Calvert Cliffs, the two in the middle from South Carolina, and the far left from Morocco. FYI @Kurt Komoda @FossilSloth @caldigger @SailingAlongToo @Malcolmt

86AEED47-0D2A-4B5B-A987-30A99A794DF0.jpeg

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Not everybody that visits/frequents this forum is an expert on chondrichthyan dentition.

I think that therefore you should mention what the "O" stands for

edit: As per usual,I'll let this one stand:P:ninja:: you ought to read EVERYTHING in a post

although,to be pedantic: obliquus,angustidens

5 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

Not everybody that visits/frequents this forum is an expert on chondrichthyan dentition.

I think that therefore you should mention what the "O" stands for

edit: As per usual,I'll let this one stand:P:ninja:

although,to be pedantic: obliquus,angustidens

True. “O” stands for Otodus.

10 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

There's something in "the Ecphora" on Megalodon evolution.Were/are you aware of that?

I’ve read some of those articles. Can you site the one you’re thinking of?

Personally, I think a sand colored background would wash the teeth out a bit. If it were mine, I'd go with a contrasting color like black, red or blue.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

37 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

DARK background! The color currently is pleasing!

4 hours ago, Northern Sharks said:

Personally, I think a sand colored background would wash the teeth out a bit. If it were mine, I'd go with a contrasting color like black, red or blue.

I think so too!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Archived