Good evening everyone! :)

I have found these two fossils (scale and epitegium) in the dolomite erratics of South Lithuania, Varena district. 

The scale has very big and long tuberculae (unlike well known Oniscolepis with serrated and small pattern of tubercles), the size of scale is 8 mm length and the tubercles are up to 1 mm width. 

The same tubercle pattern (massive, oblong and not serrated) have primitive pteraspidomorphs like Eriptychius

The second find (epitegium) is quite small, about 5 mm length and it has leaf/spine like tubercles without serration, very similar to Anatolepis from Norway (the leaf like tubercles are visible) or maybe the same Eriptychius (in some body areas it also has short, almost rounded tubercles). In the same erratic with epitegium fossil I noticed the poorly preserved piece of trilobite jaw. 

Please check some information about Eriptychius and Anatolepis remains from Ordovician and let me know if I can think that my finds are Ordovician in age... :)

Any help will be appreciated! :)

Best Regards

Domas        

unidentified scale.jpg

Unidentified epitegum.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

• 2 weeks later...

You may post pictures from the whole erratic boulder? Dolomtitc erratics from the Eastern Baltic "Geschiebe-Provinz" are often from the Devonian and should contain fish remains sometimes...  There is some literature about this topic, mostly in german (because there is the center of interest in palaeontological remains from glacial erratics/Geschiebe).

Best regards

JK

Oh, I like TFF, and like to read and write here, but unfortunately there are to much non-fossil-related, but also important things in real life...So: I'm happy to read you again, too.