November 2018 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Month Poll

digit

November 2018 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Month Poll  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Cast Your Vote!

• 1. Isurus sp. shark tooth - Miocene/Burdigalian (16-23 ma) - Sesimbra, Portugal
    • 2. Undetermined (Tyrannosaurus rex orTriceratops horridus) dinosaur rib - Upper Cretaceous (Hell Creek Formation) - MO
    • 3. Xiphactinus audax premaxilla with tooth - Ozan Member of the Taylor Formation, Late Cretaceous - North Sulphur River, TX

This poll is closed to new votes

Check the entries below carefully and cast your vote! PM me if you notice any errors with the entries.

The poll ends December 9th. Be sure to vote in our other FOTM poll, HERE

1. Isurus sp. shark tooth - Miocene/Burdigalian (16-23 ma) - Sesimbra, Portugal

IMG_1659a.jpg

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

2. Undetermined (Tyrannosaurus rex orTriceratops horridus) dinosaur rib - Upper Cretaceous (Hell Creek Formation) - MO

prepwork.jpg

rib4.jpg

rib5.jpg

3. Xiphactinus audax premaxilla with tooth - Ozan Member of the Taylor Formation, Late Cretaceous - North Sulphur River, TX

20181106_132406.jpg

20181106_132716.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Only three entries this month, it'll be fun to see the vote be super close :popcorn:

Good luck whoever has entered!

• I found this Informative 2

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

This is a hard choice! Three amazing finds. I wonder who will win.:popcorn:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

I'd say all of the members in this contest have already won. Now we're just deciding who gets to sport a digital badge for their find. Not a lot of entries this month but we more than made up in quality what we lack in quantity. :)

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 5

This would have been a difficult month to enter. The three that are in the ring are tough contenders.

Dorensigbadges.JPG