Too many fossil crabs!!!

RJB

Ok, when I wake up, drowzy, make some coffee, then into the computer room. This is what I see. Lots more in the display cases behind me with no room left! Then I open the top drawer, more crab fossils,  forgot about those.  Lots more in the garage!  then I realize, there are two more in the glove boxes of my 2 trucks. Now I wonder where else I have more? We all have problems. We all need help. but for me, Im not sure how I can find a cure? But for now, I will just smile and go on. This is a problem I can live with. All I need now is more to prep. 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeEqws3ctP4F2rP1vi3X6   Do I have a disease? 

RB

DSCN1969.JPG

DSCN1967.JPG

DSCN1814.JPG

• I found this Informative 8

Yes.

But it's not bad as diseases go.

Anyway, loving crabs is better than having crabs., so to speak. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

But, really, ... is there ever any such thing, as Too Many crabs? 

Awesome displays, Ron.  :)  :wub: 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Not a bad problem to have Ron, love your display:wub:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Ron, that's too many to be healthy. :wacko:

I could uhhhh take them off your hands for you. For your sake of course. :ighappy: But really that is an amazing collection. 

I don't know man.... I see a lot of empty space in the display case.

As such, I do not see any problem other than You need more crabs in there.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

When you start finding them in your pockets, in your shoes, in that coffee cup you spoke of and taking up refrigerator space...then my friend, then you have a problem!

• I found this Informative 2

Awww, you got space in the glass cabinet. Just put in a two-step riser on each shelf - one row of crabs on the shelf and two rows staggered above on the riser. 

I did think it was a hoot, that when you opened your drawer, more crabs were hiding inside.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Sounds like that scene in the 'Trouble with Tribbles' episode of Star Trek, where they're finding them in every nook and cranny of the Enterprise... :rofl:

There aren't too many crab fossils in my house... quite the opposite in fact. (Just saying)

"Too many crabs" Is that new lingo for "not enough crabs"? :crab:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

20 hours ago, RJB said:

This is a problem I can live with. All I need now is more to prep. 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeEqws3ctP4F2rP1vi3X6   Do I have a disease? 

Well, certainly.  It is infectious, rampant, and TERMINAL!!!!... well maybe not for a little while yet....:raindance:Now, where or where did I hide those un-prepped ones ?

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

some funny peeps here.  :)    and @Barby, you need to get a bunch of unprepped crab concretions to get an intire crab, and it still is not an easy thing to do. 

RB

agreed.

--but all i've ever found are body parts. Where can whole crabs be hunted? So many of the shell pits are closed to hunters due to insurance problems.

42 minutes ago, Barby said:

agreed.

--but all i've ever found are body parts. Where can whole crabs be hunted? So many of the shell pits are closed to hunters due to insurance problems.

Locations that frequently have whole crabs seem to be few world wide.

From threads here on TFF it seems that the pacific coast of the US has several sites, there is one somewhere in Texas and one site in New Zealand that are the best places for finding good (whole) crab concretions.

There may be a few other sites.

1 hour ago, ynot said:

There may be a few other sites.

Denmark and Italy come to mind... and Mississsippi for Avitelmessus

38 minutes ago, jpc said:

Denmark and Italy come to mind... and Mississsippi for Avitelmessus

Still pretty slim picking for whole crab concretions.

I'm doomed to not getting crabs! --- meaning that New Zealand, texas, etc., are a bit out of my range: FL. I have found crab body parts, but those whole critters have eluded me.

54 minutes ago, Barby said:

I'm doomed to not getting crabs! --- meaning that New Zealand, texas, etc., are a bit out of my range: FL. I have found crab body parts, but those whole critters have eluded me.

Please understand, I did not buy any prepped out crabs.  I got the concretions and then did the prepping myself. 

RB

1 hour ago, Barby said:

I'm doomed to not getting crabs! --

You can always use the "silver pick" method. There are many rock shows and the internet and even some members on this site where the crabs can be purchased.

Thanks.

I know I can buy unprepped ones, but I want the whole experience-- hafta find and prep my own stuff.Mosty echinoids around here, in with the shells.

Someday, my crab will come...