Dinosaurs from this week

FossilsAnonymous

Hey All,

A couple Dinosaurs from this week. @Bobby Rico motivated me to get back into watercolors/ painting again and unfortunately the results are not what I would like. The watercolor Aucasaurus sports multiple mistakes and errors, one being the lack of realism in the overall painting. The predators mottled coloring also caused problems as I strove for a dappled sort of camouflage. Its obviously time to get back to painting. The other dinosaur, Torvorsaurus, was drawn in pencil as a perspective exercise. While the piece lacks detail, the movement in the Torvosaurus creates a sense of excitement that adds to the overall drawing. The jaw in mid-roar was extremely difficult but it seems to have turned out well. I liked it better then the watercolor because of the watercolor's overall shoddiness.

Thanks for looking

IMG_3255.thumb.jpg.9aab9ac3d43de7ee97eb20f335150d07.jpg

Watercolor:(

IMG_3246.thumb.jpg.71cfe25ae1bfa60a2e14bcb83c410595.jpg

Perspective sketch

• I found this Informative 2

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

I tend to agree. 

I like both, but the pencil sketch is the better of the two. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Very nice!

I also prefer the pencil.

But combine a dynamic perspective like that with a subtle colouring in watercolor and maybe a fine scale texture and you have a real winner!

You can also use the scanned versions to experiment, then you don´t have to alter your originals.

Aloha

J

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

Very nice! Even your "bad" painting is better than my best. :dinothumb: 

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?