Who's Permian feet made these?

Still_human

If anyone is familiar with Permian tracks, can anyone ID these? All I can tell is that they appear to be synapsid tracks, but not Dimetrodon. I'm assuming that means Edaphosaurus is out too, but that's all I can figure.

the ONLY details still known are that they're Permian tracks from somewhere in Arizona.  There's no more information available.

There's 4 plates...

1-pic 1

2-pics 2,3,4

3-pics 5

4-pics 6,7

IMG_8649.PNG

IMG_8653.PNG

IMG_8654.PNG

IMG_8655.PNG

IMG_8656.PNG

IMG_8651.PNG

IMG_8652.PNG

• I found this Informative 2

Those are really nice! :)

However, like with dinosaurs, I doubt it will be possible to fins the exact culprit, there are too many possibilities and maybe other beasts we haven't got the fossils of yet. 

• I found this Informative 4

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Your tracks have the appearance of trackways "common" to the Coconino sandstones. The ichnogenus for the 5-toe (often seen as 4) is Laoporus. This creature is believed to be a mammal-like reptile with an upright gait, like a dog, as opposed to a sprawling reptile posture.

Beware, there has been a great deal of Internet presence in support of the trackways being evidence of the biblcal Great Flood. The hypothesis in part asserts the tracks were made under water, as opposed to an arid dune environment. It would seem this is "science" with an agenda. 

I have photos of the trackways in my possession. I will try and dig them out to post.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Laoporus_sp.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Here is a Forum link to one of my trackways, posted during a Forum contest.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

5 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Your tracks have the appearance of trackways "common" to the Coconino sandstones. The ichnogenus for the 5-toe (often seen as 4) is Laoporus. This creature is believed to be a mammal-like reptile with an upright gait, like a dog, as opposed to a sprawling reptile posture.

Beware, there has been a great deal of Internet presence in support of the trackways being evidence of the biblcal Great Flood. The hypothesis in part asserts the tracks were made under water, as opposed to an arid dune environment. It would seem this is "science" with an agenda. 

I have photos of the trackways in my possession. I will try and dig them out to post.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Laoporus_sp.JPG

Hahahahahahahahaha I don't even know what to say.........umm...."don't worry", the biblical creationist theory isn't my subscription!

so it seems the ones on what I'm asking about are one of the more standard looking prints, so would that help lead to any better guesses? Looking at what the most common animals around at the time, were?  I know any hypothesis can only go so far with this kind of thing, but even having just an idea of what it is more likely to be would still be nice to have:)

2 hours ago, Still_human said:

so it seems the ones on what I'm asking about are one of the more standard looking prints, so would that help lead to any better guesses? Looking at what the most common animals around at the time, were?  I know any hypothesis can only go so far with this kind of thing, but even having just an idea of what it is more likely to be would still be nice to have:)

If your piece is indeed of Coconino origin, then it is my understanding that no fossil remains are extant beyond the ichnofossils. As I suggested, Laoporus, also known as Cheilichnus duncani is the most common print. That is what your pictured pieces look like to my eye. It would be more optimal if you knew the collection origin. My Laoporus trackways came from the Coconino in Arizona. Another very interesting track found there is Dolichopodichnus. That critter left long toed prints and its trackways suggest it could sometimes go bipedal, running! Also found are invertebrate trackways - spiders and scorpion-like arthropods.

I think the trackways I have are just about the coolest pieces in my collection. Look closely at the slab I linked to above and check out the prints of the little ones. Were they traveling together? Did the adults care for them? 

• I found this Informative 2