Calvert Cliffs...in the winter?

ShoreThing

Thanks for the tag @ShoreThing, and beautiful finds! Glad you were able to rack up the teeth, the last few times I felt like I was going to get skunked. Like I was telling @FossilsAnonymous I think some of my favorite teeth to find are cow sharks (obviously aside from a Meg). 

I agree (not that I was invited) but it would certainly be fun to hunt in with some group members, especially if y'all have a kayak or something. I've been really itching to hit up some spots that I've been scoping out. I feel like I see at least one person with a sweet tooth so the more eyes the better and I'll try to curb my jealousy haha.

@racerzeke Thanks. Although I didn't find anything big, I was still stoked to find a large variety of teeth in great colors. I think that a group hunt with you, @FossilsAnonymous, and other forum members who wish to join would be a great time. I do not have a kayak, however I would like to get one, so it may be in the cards a few months from now. If I get one, we will definitely be able to get to some places that are off the beaten path. Santa brought me a Florida Snow Shovel this year, so  I may try to steal a day later this week and head down to the cliffs, if I do I will let you know how I make out!

• I found this Informative 1
FossilsAnonymous
13 hours ago, ShoreThing said:

@racerzeke Thanks. Although I didn't find anything big, I was still stoked to find a large variety of teeth in great colors. I think that a group hunt with you, @FossilsAnonymous, and other forum members who wish to join would be a great time. I do not have a kayak, however I would like to get one, so it may be in the cards a few months from now. If I get one, we will definitely be able to get to some places that are off the beaten path. Santa brought me a Florida Snow Shovel this year, so  I may try to steal a day later this week and head down to the cliffs, if I do I will let you know how I make out!

Hey there i feel like @racerzeke would show us all up... That would be really great for us 3 to hunt if we want. i'm heading to Purse ST Park this saturday or sunday will get a better date soon. I may try brownies again if its not raining.. Its been pretty productive recently.

19 hours ago, FossilsAnonymous said:

Hey there i feel like @racerzeke would show us all up... That would be really great for us 3 to hunt if we want. i'm heading to Purse ST Park this saturday or sunday will get a better date soon. I may try brownies again if its not raining.. Its been pretty productive recently.

Purse is always fun to break up the monotony of Brownies (if you're lucky enough to be in the general region of both). Unfortunately I'm out of town until March so I feel like I am going to miss the best hunting times... but we should definitely do something when I get back. It'll be cold enough where I'm sure it won't be over crowded and still free :P

Stay in touch and find enough teeth for the both of us!

Purse is fantastic for its quantity of teeth. The first time I went there, I was shocked because pretty much every time I sifted, I came up with at least one or two teeth. 

I usually hit Purse in the summer and Brownie's in the winter because of the summer admission fees at Brownie's. I've never done Purse in the winter, and I'd love to see how it looks! Post pictures if you go!

• I found this Informative 2
FossilsAnonymous
49 minutes ago, Littlefoot said:

Purse is fantastic for its quantity of teeth. The first time I went there, I was shocked because pretty much every time I sifted, I came up with at least one or two teeth. 

I usually hit Purse in the summer and Brownie's in the winter because of the summer admission fees at Brownie's. I've never done Purse in the winter, and I'd love to see how it looks! Post pictures if you go!

will do my friend, will do. This saturday I think.

FossilsAnonymous
On 12/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, Darktooth said:

I am actually planning on going sometime in January. It has been far to long since I have been there. The last time I went I found a two inch meg within a very short time of rounding the first corner of the cliffs. It doesn't always happen like that. But it is always a good time. 

Hey sir let me know the date...

• 7 months later...

I know I am a little late to this conversation.  I have been researching Shark Teeth/Fossil hunting in MD for a while.  I am in NJ about 4 hours from that area.  I would love to meet up with you guys if you plan a trip.