DeepTimeIsotopes

I just completed a very satisfactory trade with Forum member, @I_gotta_rock . 

I traded a portion of the bounty I had of Blue Forest wood collected by Forum luminary, @digit .

Heather offered her Miocene age petrified wood from Delaware in return. You may be envious of the largess received shown in the image below.

If anyone has an interest in detailed petrified wood specimens and an opportunity to trade with I_got_rocks comes up - well, jump on it!

DSCN3288ac.thumb.jpg.c8321e97c296020cde9ccfcdcb1f05c4.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

• 3 weeks later...

I made my first trade on TFF and wanted to add @Captcrunch227 as a positive trade partner. It was a super smooth, mutually beneficial trade. The shipping was fast and well packaged. I love the item we added from the trade and we made a friend. Awesome :)

• I found this Informative 1

• 1 year later...

Had a trade with @LSCHNELLE and it was super smooth. Great guy who really helped out my educational program. Item was well packaged and showed up quickly as well. Can’t recommend highly enough. 

This year(2020) ,i had the luck to made few nice trades with Fossil Forum Members :)

will stevenson

Misha

ricardo

Kittenmittens

I had also very nice trades the years before with(hope to be complete)

Kasia

marguy

Monica

blueyoung

Herb

CBOB

Anomotodon

Malcolmt

gigantoraptor

Manticocerasman

caldigger

Shamalama

trilospain

PFOOLEY

fishguy

DLB

Kosmoceras

evannorton

Ash

masonboro37

Wrangellian

Missourian

Dromiopsis

xonenine

Thanks a lot for all these exchanges all other the world! :)

• I found this Informative 9

• 3 months later...

I am enjoying a wonderful trade with Misha.  He sent me some prep material from the middle-Devonian of Penn-Dixie and Deep Spring Reservoir.   Lots of great trilo remains, plus rugose corals, and more to be uncovered!

• 4 weeks later...

@butchndad and I just completed a wonderful trade of NJ and MD fossils. I've included a photo of my new NJ Cretaceous shark teeth and belemnites in my original trade thread here.

@Paleome and I completed a trade for a mix of different fossils: some trilobites (Elrathia kingii), some gastropods (Trachydomia nodosa), some flora (Metasequoia), some mammals (Desmostylia), and a brachiopod (Acrothele subsidua)

Follow me on Instagram (@fossil_mike) to check out my personal collection of fossils collected and acquired over more than 15 years of fossil hunting!

I just completed some extremely satisfying trades with three of our members:

1. Misha - Devonian Kalkberg brachiopods, crinoid, and bryozoans.

2. hrguy54 - late Ordovician brachiopods, straight ammonites, gastropods, horn and colonial corals.

3. historianmichael - middle to late Pennsylvanian ferns.

My fossil collection never looked so good!:thumbsu:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just completed a wonderful trade with Huntonia.  My Wheeler Formation trilobites for his awesome trilos from the England and Scotland,  plus flora prep material from the John Day Fossil Beds, Fossil, OR.

Am happily prepping away!

• I found this Informative 2

• 1 month later...

I am primarily a find them myself kind of fossil huunter, but I just completed a nice trade with mattbsharks.  Thanks, Matt.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed a great matrix trade with @Adam86cucv! Thank you, Adam!

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

• 4 months later...

Got my first trade in here on the forum, traded some of my shark teeth to  @Kittenmittens in exchange I got an awesome Wooly Rhino jaw section. I’m thrilled with the experience and very thankful for the trade. Can’t wait to get some more trades in when the time comes!

On 12/9/2018 at 9:04 AM, Fossildude19 said:

I would suggest that before you post, ... just ask the person/s you traded with if it is OK to post a positive experience with them.  :) 

Obviously, please make sure to respect the trader's wishes if they decline, for whatever reason. 

That makes it a non-issue.  ;) 

I can't imagine too many folks would be upset about a positive review.  :headscratch:

Hi Tim,

I'm late on this, but yeah, I've known collectors who are very private.  It's true that private people will tell you they don't want you to talk about the trade.  I think what others might not like is having the positive review linked with what was traded especially if the material is something like rare dinosaur teeth.  Suddenly, they get PM's from people they don't know who want to trade.

Jess

• Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

A while ago, but I completed a great trade with @historianmichael , some highlights include:

IMG_6301.thumb.JPG.5162cf9dd67f6507d964c3ba8e86bed8.JPG

IMG_6305.thumb.JPG.45d8ae7a2b44d892fca842d9d999c372.JPG

tons of Chesapecten sp. shells, 

IMG_6297.thumb.JPG.0d5eeb735042f4f0011868e0b18c0999.JPG

Barnacles

1947828163_IMG_6458(1).thumb.jpg.577a729d0317dc97e40532442e7f9411.jpg

Cryptolithus tesselatus cephalon which I prepared

IMG_6294.thumb.JPG.5c9e20470565ec36a556d3830f587d4e.JPGIMG_6311.thumb.JPG.694afe62d28801b5c679cb4c55b9e2e6.JPG

Some very nice Pennsylvanian plant material. 

Just some highlights to a generous blind trade selection, thanks!

Hi,

If people are interested, I still have plenty to trade!

Greetinmgs Walter

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

• 6 months later...