Hello, looking for information from experts :)

Redfox82

Hello everyone 

I’m new to this forum. My name is Tom, I’ve been collecting crystal rocks and fossils from the dessert area of Egypt, Sinai & southern Israel since the 1990’s. 

The one pictured here was recovered long time ago, It was 80 meters into the ground while digging in Granit rocks (construction in the middle of the desert..)

I don’t know much about this and would love to to hear from the experts.

I have so many fossils that I don’t know anything about,  I’m planning to sell some to fund my college 2nd degree, so any info will be great. I’m very happy I found this forum

Thanks in advance and I wish you all great day.

Tom. 

F63EEE46-5E83-42F8-B3A6-BD07F8371D69.jpeg

8D45C8BC-5FAA-491A-B31F-773BB366B6E1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

I don't see any septa, so cross sections of gastropod shells seems the most likely.

Agreed. 

Welcome to the forum btw! 

• I found this Informative 1

Welcome to the forum! Great gastropod find! Best be careful though, once you get bit from the bug its all over. You'll be a regular and will need to find room for all your goodies! To be honest, I couldnt think of anything better.

• I found this Informative 2

...I'm back.

Way cool !!! Love the parallel placement. Keep looking. 

• I found this Informative 2

“Beautiful is what we see. More beautiful is what we understand. Most beautiful is what we do not comprehend.” N. Steno

On 10.12.2018 at 6:55 PM, Raggedy Man said:

Welcome to the forum! Great gastropod find! Best be careful though, once you get bit from the bug its all over. You'll be a regular and will need to find room for all your goodies! To be honest, I couldnt think of anything better.

I agree! I think it’s too late now.. can’t get enough of this! Thanks a lot buddy