Posting Internet Pictures (that are not your own)

minnbuckeye

Now that I have gained a little knowledge about paleontology, I am able to add some insight into questions forum members have. In providing information, I usually try to find images to support what I say. My question to you is what is the proper protocol for "stealing" a picture or text when found surfing for info on the internet? When do you recognize the contributor? I try to keep posts from becoming long winded and cut info to the bare minimum, but I feel I may be breaching proper protocol.    HELP!!!

I would say if you know the attribution, good form is to supply it. Posting an image or a quotation from an academic publication would fall under educational fair use. The Forum complies with the DMCA, and so if the copyright holder objects, they can file a takedown notice. An excellent example would be many of @piranha‘s posts where he will say “image from” and supply the source. It’s a good habit to get into, and gives due credit to the author(s). Of course, it is not as necessary when posting a commonly trafficked funny meme. :D

• I found this Informative 4

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Hi,

I think if you put a pic from internet and you add the URL link, you will not have any problem.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg