Santa Fe guided fossil trips

Gaver

The guys from Fossil Voyages, Cris and Kyle (users @Cris and @addicted2fossils here on TFF; @fossilvoyages on Instagram) are awesome. I went with them on a fossil trip on the Santa Fe last year and it was amazing! Shoot them a message and you should be able to have a fantastic hunt :) 

• I found this Informative 4

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

• 1 month later...

Cris is definitely knowledgeable on Santa Fe hunting and a great guide, definitely recommend!  Just don't eat gas station pre-made subs before getting on the boat. 

• I found this Informative 2

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Is fossil hunting on the santa fe almost exclusively through diving or is it similar to the peace with different levels of depth and accessible shallows? @Max-fossils

3 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

Is fossil hunting on the santa fe almost exclusively through diving or is it similar to the peace with different levels of depth and accessible shallows? @Max-fossils

There are shallow parts that are great for hunting (sifting):

• I found this Informative 2

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils